Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 year old Australian Terrier and felt like she needed a buddy / playmate / partner-in-crime so I started looking. At first I wanted another terrier but found a picture of this little, white fluffball in one of our local shelters. So, I packed Zoe (the Aussie) up in the car & took her up to meet this little ragamuffin (They had named her "Stevie"). "Stevie" wasn't what I was looking for but she won my heart the minute I saw her. They had given her this bad haircut, she had these horrible tearstains and she was scary skinny but I didn't see any of that when she immediately crawled into my lap and started kissing my face. What a LOVE!

I've had her now for a month and feel so lucky! She and Zoe are best buds (turns out she is QUITE the dominant b*tch but that doesn't bother Zoe) and she cracks me up every day with her antics and that precious face with those big brown eyes. She's such a smart girl (maybe TOO smart sometimes?!?) and is the social butterfly at the dog park. Everyone comments on what a happy girl she is. I've signed her up for lure coursing this weekend (she is WICKED fast!) so hopefully she'll enjoy it as much as Zoe does. I renamed her Marni Fraggle (after the Italian fashion house b/c she looks like a 'diva' and Fraggle Rock -- that part is self-evident I think!).

I've attached a picture of her on the 1st day home. She's fattened up since then and her hair has grown out a bit. I'm wondering if she is maybe a bichon/poodle cross b/c the hair on her tail is so straight (?).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It is always nice to see a dog rescued and getting a loving home. I hope she enjoys luring too. I know what you mean about FAST, my girl, Grace, is so fast she leaves everyone else behind her when they are running around, I plan on getting her started in agility shortly.

I love the name you named her... can't say I would have liked the name Stevie either!!!! :questionmark: She certainly doesn't "look" like a Stevie. If I had to guess, I would say she doesn't look 100% poodle, but being only one pic of her I wouldn't say for sure. Regardless, she is going to be a beauty (after she fills out) and if you love her, it makes no difference. :)

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
welcome and congratulations on your new poodles. she is very pretty and sound like a lot of fun! rescuing is a great thing. We rescued Teddy - the silver beige in my avatar.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What a lovely story and thankyou for saving one in need. I dont think she has bichon in her, some poodles can have straighter coat or occassionally it could be maltese coat. Would have to see more pics but she looks poodle.
Noone really knows unless you bought one with papers and ppl can still bluff them if they wanted.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Hi and welcome. Your a good sole to rescue that poor baby. She is cute and I'm sure she is going to make a good friend for both you and AT.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Thank you for rescuing Marnie Fraggle, please keep us posted on her progress with you in her happy new home. She just looks like a real thin poodle to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts