Poodle Forum banner

My new girl from Southern California

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Pamela 
#1 ·
hehe I just picked her up last Sunday

I bought her from a lady in my area. She is 9 weeks old.

AND I'm very happy xD

See less See more
#5 ·
Now I am going to sound like a b&*ch, very unintended but will probably come across that way ...
Mustard is a colour is some breeds, but not in poodles, and as far as I know is not an actual breed of dog. There is no such thing as a french poodle, poodles are sometimes refered to as 'french' but that is not correct. She is a gorgeous pup but I don't see anything poodle about her, which is neither here nor there, you will love her all the same and that's what matters :smile:

#7 ·
no worries yeah it has been a mystery to me too since I also felt that it looked very different from a poodle. the vet and trainer basically said give it sometime and we shall find out. but for now I can only go with what the lady who sold it to me said =(

#10 · (Edited)
She really is cute, but doesn't look a thing like a poodle in the least.
I honestly hope you didn't buy her, you can find little cute mixed breed
dogs like this for free in the classifieds, shelters, and pounds like this
for free needing homes and if you did buy her the person you got her
from is definitely a terrible back yard breeder....french poodle my butt, lol!
But even if you did buy her as long as your happy is what matters, but
I hate people breeding these so called designer dogs to make money, you
never know what health concerns they may have, etc.

I'm not trying to sound like a B**** either, and I
love cute mutts, lol. I have a sibe/GSD dog mix and I just love him,
I got him off of craigslist awhile back needing a home and I just fell
in love! He really is a beautiful dog and you'd never think he was free.

Good luck with your cutie! :)

Oh and PLEASE post more pictures for us!

#12 ·
I love her name and she is a doll. She looks like a mix of yorkie and pek maybe? Like the others..no matter cause she is adorable.
The shelters etc are not free here at all. It is like $200-300 to get a small dog..less for the bigger dogs but maybe that is because they are more difficult to get rid of??. Either way that is too high too if they want these poor babies to have homes. Many very good decent ppl who are more "country" minded and they are not going to spend that on a dog. But guess they are trying to recoup some of their costs in the pups.

#13 ·
I actually paid $100 for her from some lady. She claims that there were 4 of them and this is the last one, and that Sophie's mom and dad are in another town 100+ miles away living w/ her mother, or sister, or something. But I have to admit she's really cute and really playful. My first puppy! My brother asked why didn't I adopt one from the animal shelter, but then, if you really think about it, if no one buys her she probably will end up being at the animal shelter anyway =\

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.