Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I just moved and lost a dog to an ongoing battle with stomach illness. This was sad because this dog was very tallented and I put in a lot of time to train him. I don't really want to talk about this health problems. I did however put 6,000.00 into trying to get him better. I will not answer questions about this health though.

I just moved to the south on the east coast. I work with computers. I really loved it here much more then the north. I was going to go with out a dog for a period of time by my girlfriend persuaded me not to. It was very hard to find a standard poodle dog breeder that I could purchase the right poodle for me from. I think I am in luck and should have my new poodle at the end of this month. I just have to find time to make the drive.

I am a big geek when it comes to some topics. I love to cook. I love art of all kinds and crafts. Most of all I love poodles. I groom, clip, and train them on my own. If you have any questions about training poodles let me know. I know I will have grooming questions for you all because I am not an expert on clipping and am trying to improve. I even trained my old poodle to hunt to see if I could do it. I don't even hunt, but it is a lot of fun to work in the field with a poodle. I hope I don't offend you with my ideas. I think everyone is entitled to their own ideas, but its hard for me not to give advice when it comes to training poodles because I have invested so much of my life into it. Thank you all for letting me join this community.

I will post pics of my poodle when I have the oportunity. This is a really big deal for me. I have had 3 poodles since I was 4. I am sure you will have lots of updates from me as I start to train my new dog.

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Welcome Ben it sounds like you are going to fit in here just fine! Many of us are geeks too :welcome:

What kind of computer work do you do?

I`m a website / internet guy.

-Todd

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im an analyst for an ISP or internet service providor and cable tv provider. I am not high up or anything like that. What I do is help predict area issues before they happen, and from a desk I work with matience techs in the field to resolve area issues. Stuff that effects a lot of customers. I would like to be a cisco engineer and work more with routers, switches, and large wireless equipment with my company one day. Ether that or something totally different. hehe

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Im an analyst for an ISP or internet service providor and cable tv provider. I am not high up or anything like that. What I do is help predict area issues before they happen, and from a desk I work with matience techs in the field to resolve area issues. Stuff that effects a lot of customers. I would like to be a cisco engineer and work more with routers, switches, and large wireless equipment with my company one day. Ether that or something totally different. hehe
Awesome!

I took the first couple cisco courses years ago, def. not my thing :) I'd rather do websties,etc, etc :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know where I will end up. I will work on one thing and if that doesn't work then I will go a different directions. You got to have a plan, but you never know what will happen. Plans these change a lot.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
:welcome: to the forum! I get my FIRST Standard Poodle pup end of the month also, so our pups can grow up together on the site! :) boy girl? do you have names picked out already? what color?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I lost my little girl in March. I have a little girl on the way that I will also get to take home at the end of the month. She will be my third poodle that I have had since I was 5. I was in the IT industry for 18 years. See! You already have a lot in common with people here.

What kind of poodle are you getting? It will be fun to see them grow up together.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My poodle was an inky black. I love that color but because of living more in the south I am going with a white. My last poodle was a standard and the new one will be as well. I am getting a girl. I am pacient so if it doesnt work out with this particular breader I will wait. I have not seen the pups yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts