Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are at Mum's sister's house again, which is lovely because Jilly always has chicken for us, and scrummy breadsticks and lots of other lovely stuff, but Mum is being really, really mean and won't let us have anything but rice and chicken. On Sunday night she was not very well, and had a whole fragile day and night making groaning noises and dashing to the bathroom, then on Tuesday we came here, and I was a bit poorly and so was she, and on Wednesday night I had a really bad tummy ache, and asked her to take me out at midnight and at 1.30 am and at 3.30am, and then last night Sophy felt a bit poorly at midnight and at 3.30am, and now Mum has said we can only have rice and chicken until she gets a decent night's sleep! I think that is really unfair - we didn't say she could only have rice and chicken when she kept us awake rolling and writhing. OK, she didn't eat anything at all and just drank water, but that is not the point! She wouldn't even let us have anything when Sophy found this really, really lovely shop full of dog treats - Sophy knew exactly where it was although we have only been there once before and she took Mum straight to it, but Mum wouldn't buy anything. I quite like chicken and rice - it reminds me of when I was a baby and not very well and Mum wrapped me up in a warm blanket and gave me tiny meals and cuddled me till I felt better - but I think there should be scrummies too!

From a very disgruntled Poppy xx

·
Registered
173 Posts
Aww poor Poppy and Sophy! ;) fjm hope you're feeling better.

Reactions: fjm

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Dear Poppy

It sounds like everybody got a 'bug'! That's what MY Ma calls it and I guess chicken & rice kills it huh? I never get sick.......but I DID kinda break some teeth and until my nice doctor cures me I get all kinds of great things that are soft and yummy!!! I even got my chicken cut up into nice little bites and my kibble is softened with yummy beef broth! I suggest you be nice to your Mum though, cuz the sooner she is spending less time in the bathroom, the sooner all the good stuff will come back!
Regards, Your Friend
Molly

Reactions: fjm and Dechi

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Hi Poppy from Neo and Remo

Wobbly tummy's are sure no fun. Molly is right, chicken and rice do kill tummy bugs, so I'm sure once they are all deaded, scrummies will reappear and be so much better for dreaming of them :)

·
Registered
12,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all - I improved rapidly after 48 hours, and the dogs are getting there - we were up once in the night with Sophy, but I hope one more rice day should do the trick. I thought it was something I had eaten, but the dogs didn't share that and although it could simply be coincidence the one-after-the-other does look like a bug. All fine apart from sore tummies!

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
3 or 4 of mom's girlfriends have had the same thing, I think it is a bug going around. Then Sage and I got the runs, them there humans must give it to use, cause we did not get to eat what mom had.
Cayenne

·
Registered
12,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, last night we all slept ALL NIGHT, even Mum, and she nearly always wakes us up because she needs to go to the bathroom. And this morning we had ordinary breakfast with some rice, and Mum says we will see what happens today. But the humans are all still being mean - yesterday they had scrambled egg for breakfast, and home made biscuits for tea, and crunchy nibbly things, and salmon for supper, and we didn't get a crumb of any of it!

Mum is getting a bit ratty because we have been here so long and she is not very good at being a visitor after a few days, but Jilly has a very nice young French girl staying, and Mum says she needs to be here with the car because Jilly doesn't drive and it is very difficult being in Loco Parenty-something of a teenager without a car. And it is raining. And Mum has lots of stuff to do at home. But mostly I think she is like us and misses the nice, comfy, boring routine we have at home, where we just do what we like when we like and don't have to wait for anyone else. When there are three humans to wait for everything takes ages!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Hi Poppy!

It's good to hear you're all getting good sleep and the wobbly tummy is gone. We think since we can't tell our humans what's wrong, they get extra careful with us to make sure the wobblies stay gone. Your Mum will start giving yummies again soon, we're sure. Ours always says "Stop looking at me with those eyes. I'm not going to give you any treats." Then, she gives us treats haha.

It is fun and hard to be away from home, so many different things to see and smell and so much to miss about home. We had fun on our trip away, met new dogs, smelled new places and went to something called a Reception, but the very best was when we knew we were home and running around our own yard!

Your friends Remo and Neo

·
Registered
12,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, we came home the other day but me and Sophy still have squidgy tummies although I am ravenous so today Mum took us to see the vet, and he tickled and squeezed and prodded and listened and did that thing with the little plastic stick with numbers on that I DO NOT LIKE, and said that apart from the squidgy tummy we were absolutely fine, and gave Mum bagfuls of stuff to bring home. So now we are on two different things Mum calls Scrummy Medicine, although it doesn't taste very scrummy to me, and special food out of tins, and Mum says she hopes it all does the trick because it was very expensive, but if it means no more disturbed nights and comfier tummies it is worth it.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Hi Poppy

It's too bad you and Sophy are still squidgy. We're sure your Mum only wants you both to be better, so try to forgive the vet and the not-really-very scrummy medicine. Sometimes our mom does things we have to forgive and so we lick her all over her face and she laughs so everything is ok again. Just humor your Mum and we hope you and Sophy will be all better very soon.

Your friends Neo and Remo

·
Registered
12,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sophy thinks they are scrummy - she stole them off the table and ate more than she should. Mum says it is just as well the packaging stopped her eating any more! The food is very nice, though - the vet said it is very Pally-something, which Mum says just means that we will like it, and we do. It is even better than Mum's cooking, though not quite as good as just chicken. It comes in cans - I have never had food out of a can before!

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Oh, Poppy, I knows about that pally food. When my tummy got all icky a few years ago my sister and I gots to eat that food out of a can. It was very scrummy! I wish I could haves some again. And it's pallytibull food. Yeah, that's how you spells it. Enjoy it and feel better, OK?
Love,
Noelle

·
Registered
12,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have still got lots left, Noelle, if you would like to come and visit. But even Sophy now thinks the tablets are horrible - Mum said it was time for scrummy medicine and we got all excited and I swallowed mine before I realised it was not nice but Sophy spat hers out and Mum had to pop it down her throat. We thought it was a bit cheaty, but then Mum sang a silly song about sugar and medicine and gave us both a proper treat, so that was all right. And she says our poos are much better, although mine now look a bit like pebbles so perhaps I had better not have too much more medicine! And Sophy is really bouncy because it has rained all day and she is feeling better and wants a proper walk, but I think it is nice to snooze on the sofa when it is wet outside (so does Mum, but Sophy keeps bouncing her so she can't!).

Poppy xx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts