Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im newish here but i havent posted much or posted any pictures yet. So here goes. Mister is my 16 month old Cream (he has cream down his back although he's pretty much white everywhere else) Standard Poodle.

I got him at 8 months from craigslist.com...i am his third and final home. The last owners got rid of him because he "kept getting bigger" lol and their other small dog fights with him. Anyways he's the smartest and biggest goofball in the world. He is so playful and friendly and i love him.

Ill try to post pictures....

Oh and him and my horse Felis are best buds!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
He is very pretty! I never thought of using CL to find a spoo, mostly b/c the ads in my area make my skin crawl. I might have to suck it up though, LOL!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
what an awesome dog!!!! how on earth did you get him to sit on the horse? that is so neat! He is beautiful and what a sweet face! welcome!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I am happy he found a loving home being on CL it is not always the case and sometimes dogs go to the worst people possible. I am happy you found each other, he is very sweet looking...I love thepics of him riding the horse LOL!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the responses. I am super happy that we found each other. The lady that gave him to me was in over her head a bit. She said she was rehoming him because he "kept getting bigger" and her other dog was fighting with him all the time. Poor Mister was only 8 months and the other dog was a small breed. So i got him for free and hes been a super dog. So incredibly smart, i literally tell him something once or twice and he has it down. I love it. Im totally stuck on the breed.
I also got my longhaired Chihuahua from CL. She was a rescue for sure, not from the lady i got her from but the lady that she got her from. She was overweight from eating people food and didnt even have a name. So the lady got her weight under control and started feeding her right and called her Grace, she then saw my ad about wanting to find my older mixed breed a buddy and contacted me. She had Grace for 6 months. So we are all one big happy family now. Mister really enjoys playing with smaller dogs too. At daycare he's in with all the beagles and smaller terriers....not the labs or goldens. Its hilarious. But at the dog park he plays with dogs his own size so who knows lol.
Anyways thanks for all the nice replies. I will definately keep posting more pictures of our future adventures.
Oh and i have dicided to grow his hair out a big too. I am a dog groomer and shaved him down with a #4 a couple weeks ago and im thinkin i want it longer especially since its summer time and he wont get wet and gross.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh and Mister loves Felis so i knew he would be fine up in the saddle. I had to lift him up there thought because she is about 5 feet at the back and he cant jump that high. I was really amazed that she let him. She surprised me and really didnt seem to care.
They play together in the pasture too. Its cute.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Yay! Another spoo and horse owner. My sister and I own spoos and horses too. Ours have not been on the back of a horse like yours though. They would definitely get tossed off. LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
you have a great looking fellow! his hair cut is what i prefer. keeping the feet shaved close and a short overall cut is ideal for an active doggie. the long ears will seem to float in the air when he is running.

aaron and marsha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts