Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got Beau when he was 10 weeks old. He is not 12 weeks old. I met the owner half way. I paid for him and signed the papers. She told me over the phone that he was solid black. Well I didn't pay any attention to that until I looked him over when I got him home. He has white on his chest. I called her and asked her about that and she told me that he would out grow that.
I wouldn't change Beau for anything in the world now, but I don't think she should have lied. And I should have looked closer when I got him.

He is so cute. He had his first puppy cut last week. Under his white hair his skin is white. He is just so adorable. It is so funny how one can get so quickly attached.

I had a pomereain (SP) He was with me 12 years. He was a very sickly dog. The vet said it was common for white dogs with pink skin to be sickly. Sooooooooo I wanted a went with a black dog this time.

He is so well behaved. I took him to the vet for his vax and he was so relaxed as the other dogs growled and barked at each other. He just calmly laid in my arms. I hope that is a sign that he is not going to be aggressive.

Debby

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
The vet said it was common for white dogs with pink skin to be sickly. Sooooooooo I wanted a went with a black dog this time.
Never heard of such a thing unless the dog is albino.

He is so well behaved. I took him to the vet for his vax and he was so relaxed as the other dogs growled and barked at each other. He just calmly laid in my arms. I hope that is a sign that he is not going to be aggressive.

Debby
For the most part, dogs are not inherently aggressive or not aggressive. A lot of dog aggression problems are formed through their experiences, so it is up to YOU to socialize the heck out of your pup and expose him to as many positive social situations as possible. Going through a reputable breeder also helps ensure your pup will have a good temperament. Unfornately, the breeder you went through does not sound reputable. For future reference, look this comparison over when looking at breeders: http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Fair/1901/chart.html

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with you about reputable breeders. I don't think my was so honest, but I have to share the blame. I didn't look him over. I fell in love with him at first sight. If I had seen the white, I would have taken him anyway. He is just so adorable. The point is she should have been honest!

Debby

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Your baby is a miss mark or abstract. I had one several months ago and lost her to an accident. She had the white on her chest and on her toes and one little spot on her chin. I got her knowing what she was though.

No reputable breeder would sell you an abstract and tell you that he will outgrow it!! There is no such thing! It's sad that you had a bad experience but I am happy that you love your little one anyway. He is a little doll!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Awww congrats on your new baby, spots and all. Glad you are in love with him!

I love little white spots.... I'm sure there are some people about there that hate them lol. My saleen also has a white chest and a couple of white toes. I was well aware of it though before I even contacted the breeder to inquire if my some mirical she was still available. The breeder was pretty upfront about the markings as well... the sire was a silver and white party anyhow and the majority of the litter was party colored.

She did say that there was the chance that Saleen would not retain the obvious white markings. Her sire's silver markings apparently turned a lovely light silver color and so if Saleen followed suit it was entirely possible the markings would blend in since they are so small to begin with. She never said they would go away but she said they might not be obvious and could be very hard to see depending on how her coat did.

I can't imagine a breeder trying to tell me though that white markings on a black dog would go away??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts