Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it came out, all 5mm of it, and a small piece of another or it that had broken off.

Let me just say it "coming out" was about 1% of the pain I felt as it entered my bladder. Wahoo.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
What a relief! That was a huge one. The doctor showed me one that my hubby had. As if it's not enough that you are trying to shove the stone through an opening that is waaaaay too small, it looked like a burr full of sharp points. No wonder why they are so painful.

May you never experience that again!

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a relief! That was a huge one. The doctor showed me one that my hubby had. As if it's not enough that you are trying to shove the stone through an opening that is waaaaay too small, it looked like a burr full of sharp points. No wonder why they are so painful.

May you never experience that again!
:quiet: I hope I don't either!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
BTW Todd, you are a "tech" guy right ??? I got the opinion of my best friends hubby and he said go for it and enjoy I would not be disappionted, but I am trying to geta few opinions from Computer people....I am looking at getting an apple laptop....what do you think of them? I say one demonstrated the other day and FELL IN LOVE!! I mainly want it for video/pics/music ect, I have this old POS Sony Vaio for my internet and email and stuff, what do you think???

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I know I am not Todd, but I have an iMac and LOVE it. My PC laptop was stolen. I do a lot of graphics and decided this was the best way to go. I have a Windows virtual machine for applications that don't run on Mac. I don't work with videos or music. I would like to learn though.

I ended up getting an iMac because I could afford more screen to work with. I haven't missed my laptop a bit. I upgraded the memory to 4 GB. I use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop (simultaneously) a lot with large files. It works great.

There are good PC's too. Since you have certain things you would like to do, I would get the software's recommended hardware requirements. If you can, get a little extra since the requirements are minimums.

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I`m a PC guy, I haven't been "converted" to MAC yet although all my friends are really trying to convert me ;)

I don't think you can go wrong with a MAC or a nice PC.

Here's one thing to keep in mind... I just got a new Dell Laptop a couple months ago on sale $700 to my door w/3yr anything breaks replacement warranty. The same configuration but a MAC was approx $2,000.

Keep in mind MAC right now is "TRENDY" and you are going to pay a LOT MORE for them. As far as I know they also don't sell "crappy low-end" MACs like a lot of PC retailer do.

Make sure you get a Core 2 Duo processor with at least 2gb of RAM no matter if you get a PC or a MAC...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Todd - how's it all going?

Did I mention that my Dad once had gallstones... he asked the doctor for them once they were extracted and he made a soup using the stones! GROSS! He swears that if you "eat the poison" the ailment will never come back...

Hmmm.. so... did you keep the kidney stones? :lol:

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got the stone to give to the doctor to figure out what caused it so I can prevent it or at least try to ;)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Todd, I know your pain.
Last year I passed 8, yes 8 "pee babies", the biggest being 5mm. It's the best feeling in the world when they pass. At least I'll be prepared for the pain of child birth!

Glad it passed!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts