Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

It was not intentional to bypass the new memeber introduction.....I guess I was so excited to find this forum, that I jumped right in and started learning and asking questions. So that being said.....I would like to right this matter and say hello, thanks for your help and input, and tell you a little about me.

I am new to Poodles. I have had German and Belgian Shepherds all my life. I lived in southern Germany for 3 1/2 years and did Schutzhund and avalanche search and rescue work. I got my Belgian Tervuren after my German Shepherds passed away. After I lost her in April of 08 (still can't believe she is gone) my husband asked if we could look for a non shedding dog.

I have to say that I was NOT in favor of this endeavor! lol I just kept coming back to the Standard Poodle. I can't say that I ever saw myself with a Poodle. We got our girl Gracie in August 08. WOW, I am a complete convert to the Standard. She is the silliest, smartest and fun loving dog I have ever had. And, my Husband is doing the happy dance and has thrown away the lint roller!

We live in the country and own a Massage Clinic where we specialize in therapeutic and medical massage. Gracie gets to be the greeter upon occasion. Our clients love her.

I so appreciate all the info and help I have received on this forum. It is wonderful to be part of a community of people with a common thread...Poodles!

Thanks again, sorry so long in coming.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Great Intro. We too also always had shedding type dogs b-4, Isn't it sweet not having hair all over? If I haven't welcomed you to this forum b-4 now, then, Welcome.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Trillium for the welcome and kind words about Gracie....she is 16 months. Your girls are beautiful.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Hello All,

It was not intentional to bypass the new memeber introduction.....I guess I was so excited to find this forum, that I jumped right in and started learning and asking questions. So that being said.....I would like to right this matter and say hello, thanks for your help and input, and tell you a little about me.

I am new to Poodles. I have had German and Belgian Shepherds all my life. I lived in southern Germany for 3 1/2 years and did Schutzhund and avalanche search and rescue work. I got my Belgian Tervuren after my German Shepherds passed away. After I lost her in April of 08 (still can't believe she is gone) my husband asked if we could look for a non shedding dog.

I have to say that I was NOT in favor of this endeavor! lol I just kept coming back to the Standard Poodle. I can't say that I ever saw myself with a Poodle. We got our girl Gracie in August 08. WOW, I am a complete convert to the Standard. She is the silliest, smartest and fun loving dog I have ever had. And, my Husband is doing the happy dance and has thrown away the lint roller!

We live in the country and own a Massage Clinic where we specialize in therapeutic and medical massage. Gracie gets to be the greeter upon occasion. Our clients love her.

I so appreciate all the info and help I have received on this forum. It is wonderful to be part of a community of people with a common thread...Poodles!

Thanks again, sorry so long in coming.
Welcome to you Alicia It is always good to find a fellow red ....

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Gracie is a very pretty young lady. Welcome to the forum Alicia, and thank you for haring a bit about you. Does Gracie get paid for her greeter work with a nice massage. Lucky dog!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts