Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
You sound like me!! I have to keep off Kijiji - or else I would have a dozen dogs. Silly me, I went and looked at the Humane Society site and there were two little poodle crosses and a shih-tzu cross. I was tempted I can tell you!!!

Trouble is - my husband would probably say "yes"!!

Its a shame that people don't give it more thought before they buy a dog. I arrived at my agility class the other week and there was a woman - older than me - with a black standard poodle. I went over to see her and the dog leaped up and was waving its front legs trying to get to me. She said the dog was 10 months old!

After she left, the instructor said that she had told him the dog was a rescue, but he said she wouldn't make him behave, she had every excuse under the sun for letting him get away with bad behaviour! He was probably just too much for her and she should have had a smaller dog. I have experience with big dogs but I think a Standard would probably be too much for me. My husband was keen to get one but I pointed out that neither of us could run with a big dog like that and its not fair to have a dog that you can't exercise properly.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
They thought they wanted a big dog. But when they got it they discovered that they didn't want a big dog really. They bought the dog for its looks without considering other things. Its an easy mistake to make, specially if you haven't had many dogs. Like I said, people don't do enough thinking before they get a dog. Unfortunately for the dog.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope he finds a good home as well. An earlier posting said that he would be ok for breeding. I hope he finds a home that will love him and chop his manliness off ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts