Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and she is a red toy.

He was having a less than stellar day when it happened (a bad headache). We stopped at an office supply store on an errand and while I was in a different aisle from him I heard him telling someone “aren’t you just the cutest thing?” I showed up right quick, and there he was gushing over a red toy girl. She was so engaging and gave him love right back. He was kneeling on the floor and she gave his cheek a kiss and wiggled around playing with him. I admired her as well, then continued my shopping (I was on a time schedule!). But my husband was done shopping. He stood there talking with the owners and got this sweet girl’s whole life story with a starry look in his eyes.

Back in the car his whole demeanor was changed. He was no longer feeling sick- I guess he was feeling love. He said “let’s get a red toy poodle girl just like that one. I got the breeders name.”

Um, yes, but... YES.

BUT. Long time PFers can probably guess what was going through my mind. How did this cliche happen to us? How am I ever going to find a female red toy poodle that is well bred, health-tested, great temperament and nearby? (And, there’s the piece about already having three dogs, two of which are elderly, and is this the right time? But is any time the right time?) And, most importantly, YAY my best friend has been bitten by the poodle bug!!!

Fortunately he is a smart man, and not rushing in to anything. It has been a few months since we met the sweet girl at office supply. I’ve had time to look and research. I’ve shown him pictures of beautiful black, apricot, brown and silver toy poodles. I think I’ve got him talked out of the breeder who bred his dream girl (based on lack of health testing and other concerns). I have not been able to talk him out of red.

So, PF, we are looking for a red toy female in the pacific NW. No immediate time frame. I am a planner, but it is hard to plan for the following scenario: when we have to say goodbye to one or both of our elderly dogs I know there will only be one comfort. A puppy.

I love my dear husband. I love that he loves a certain redhead that belongs to another. Somehow I’m going to find a way to make him happy (and me too). Hopefully I won’t have to resort to taking him to “just look at” a puppy that is right in every way but color. And I hope he doesn’t read this, lol.

I decided it was time to tell you all that I’m looking. No one understands poodle love like this group.

·
Registered
152 Posts
What a sweet post to read!

I'm new, so don't have any recommendations on a breeder, but I do hope you guys get everything you want in your new puppy!

·
Premium Member
5,614 Posts
https://pugetsoundpoodleclub.org/pspc-breeder-refferal
Since you’re not in a rush, I would contact the breeders listed and ask who has nice red toys. Best wishes on your search for the little redhead:)

you might want to be wary of dana plonkey. he's a show judge, etc., but at least one member here ended up with a dog with knee problems. someone else commented to me that he's known for that issue. and anyway i think he's moved on to some other breed.

there's also the columbia poodle club in oregon.

Reactions: Newport and Mfmst

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Aaaawwww, how sweet.

Reactions: Newport

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your kind support, and thanks for reminding me that contacting area breed clubs is a good way to meet **the one**. :dancing:

Reactions: Mfmst
1 - 8 of 8 Posts