Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start first with the resident poodle......this is Ella a 5 month old toy poodle

Right now she is being groomed at a groomer but I really want to learn how to do it myself.....just not sure where to start. >.<

Here is Ella hanging out with her "big sister" Calypso. Calypso is my AKC CH afghan hound who rules the roost, LOL.

·
Registered
12,475 Posts
What a wonderful hound pose - "Look at me, I am beautiful!" while sprawled on the most comfortable seat in the house! Very, very cute poodle pup, too.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Beautiful Girls!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Your grils are gorgeous!!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Calypso is stunning and proud of it! Ella is just adorable. They look great together on the couch and the difference in size and style made me laugh.

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
OMG! They are stunning!! Do they trade off being "queen for the day" or just always share the throne? They look so good together!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for your replies! I haven't had a chance to get a good picture of them together, Ella is constantly on the go and to get her to sit still for pictures with other dogs near is not easy, lol.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
You poodle is so adorable and your Afghan is just stunning! I can see how an Afgahn owner might be drawn to a poodle and vice versa... I just love Afghans.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well....I grew up with poodles but always was attracted to afghans, wanted one since I was 10 but my mom didn't want a large dog in the house.....although she is quite attached now to both my afghans. They are a fun breed. I love the personalities of both and what can I say....I like to groom, LOL.

Calypso was my entry into the show world plus my intro into grooming, lol.

And this is a picture of my other afghan, she is currently out with her handler for some out of state shows but she is also my first attempt at training a dog in agility. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow!! Stunning and Gorgeous!! I love the pictures! They are both breathtaking! I love the picture of her jumping in the air and the hair going all over.

Your Poodle pup is a cutie too :)

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Beautiful girls!! All of them!! I too enjoy the look of the afghans! How are they to live with? What are their personalities like at home and out?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Afghans are an interesting breed to live with. They are indepentant and aloof but yet total clowns with the people they know. At home, they are pretty laid back and love to hang out with you. The saying towards their cousin's the greyhounds fits them as well. "45 mph couch potatoes" They are very fast and are distance runners unlike their cousins so they top more around 35-40 mph but can keep it up MUCH longer over uneven terrain, I've had Calypso surprise me and shock me with her athletic abilities just on our hiking trips, nothing phases her. They are very intelligent contrary to what they try to say but their independant natures lead them to ask most of the time....."what's in it for me?" It's so interesting working with a poodle again with the wanting to please additude, I have to train both breeds a little different, hence can't wait til Ella is old enough for agility training, she's going to be a lot of fun to work with! :D Although both my afghans LOVE agility and took to it pretty easily. I'm glad I finally found a trainer that was willing to give us a chance and teach us! My domino is my agility star out of my afghans, just started trialing her and we've almost Q'ed each time, have some ideas for the fall trials to help keep her cool and happy, although a wet afghan probably wont take as pretty of pictures, LOL.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts