Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
OH man, I don't know how you could give her up! We used to foster pups rescued out of a really awful place from Ohio - but they were a breed I knew I would never want to keep - catahoula leopards - so I knew I was safe being a foster Mom. LOL We had about 15 of them go through our house in a year. All found terrific homes that loved the breed, but I'm afraid I'm a poodle gal. I'd keep all that came through my door. LOL

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really would love to keep her, but she needs more individual attention and with the dogs I've got, it's not fair to her. As hard as it will be to let her go, it's what is best for her! I've only had her with me for a couple of weeks and I hate that she's having to bounce around. She's 2 and has already been in several "homes" one of them being a shower stall for a little over a year. The people that had her "rescued" her from a shelter, didn't have time to train her, so she was stuck in a prison of a different kind.

She's very shy and submissive, but you can tell she really wants attention, just not sure who to trust yet, but she's come around A LOT in the little bit of time she's been here. She won't go however, until we find just the right match :)

Thanks for y'alls support

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
She looks like a very sweet girl. Here's hoping she finds a wonderful, forever home where she is appreciated and loved!

·
Registered
440 Posts
What a pretty girl! she looks so much like my Fallie, also a rescue :)
How much does she weigh, how tall is she?

its so sad to hear about her circumstance, does she have behavior issues then? do you think that's why she hasn't found a good home yet? poodles are so smart its amazing- Fallie is learning new things everyday! she tries so hard to be good- but she has little behavior things that are weird (like barking at other dogs for no reason)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What a pretty girl! she looks so much like my Fallie, also a rescue :)
How much does she weigh, how tall is she?
she's about 42ish lbs and around 24" She is all-natural too, non-docked tail and still has front dews.

She was terribly matted when she was placed with one of my clients, so she was fully vetted and shaved to the skin, also, she is chipped, spayed, and UTD on all vax/preventatives. Unfortunately, my client couldn't keep her, but she tried to make it work out for 3 months. It just wasn't a good fit, so I agreed to take her and find her a forever home.

she rarely barks, but is very shy and will find things to chew on if left to her own devices, however, if you give her something to chew, she does enjoy it. Her main issue's are her shyness and submissiveness.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the good news is that she holds her head up nice and high; Fallie is also very shy and submissive, but she holds her head down a lot :/ She's getting better and more confident
'

she still holds it down a lot, but she's gotten better :)

My Cameo was a rescue with little socialization when I adopted her at 14 months (already raised a litter of 8 puppies, but we won't go there!), totally afraid of her own shadow, much like Kami, so I know there's hope! Perhaps she'll never be the most outgoing girl, but at least she can possibly overcome some of her fears and trust issues.

·
Registered
440 Posts
'

she still holds it down a lot, but she's gotten better :)

My Cameo was a rescue with little socialization when I adopted her at 14 months (already raised a litter of 8 puppies, but we won't go there!), totally afraid of her own shadow, much like Kami, so I know there's hope! Perhaps she'll never be the most outgoing girl, but at least she can possibly overcome some of her fears and trust issues.
Fallie also raised a litter of puppies already :( they were born mid Sept 2009 and she and her puppies were dropped off at the shelter when they were a day old! :( I keep thinking that Fallie is much younger than 3 years old (which is what the shelter staff told me, her teeth have a little tarter build up- do you think that's what their basing her age off??)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
That is so great of you to give this girl a home and love while waiting for her forever, loving family. It is just AWFUL what people will do with a dog (or child or any other animal), it truly amazes me that they do these things! I am so glad for her that she is out of that situation. You know, not all dogs are right for all people, sometimes you get a dog that just doesn't "fit" with your personality/temperament/home life, BUT, why do these people think that shoving the dog into a shower stall or any other horrible existence seems ok????? Find the dog a home that works for it OR give it to an organization that will!!!! There is no shame in rehoming a pet that is just not working out at your house, there is lots of shame in making that pet suffer because it is not working out and you don't give a s#@t if it suffers!!!!

I hope that sweet looking girl begins to feel she can trust people again and finds the perfect, loving home she deserves! Good for you!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts