Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did Starla’s face and neck for the first time today. It’s a bit splotchy, and I accidentally went up a bit too much between her eyes, but surely as she gets bigger, we’ll both get better at it, right? Tomorrow: feet!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel like I’ve watched every poodle grooming video on YouTube over the past year or two. Lol! No she was just fine around her lips and the video stickied here was most helpful with that. I actually had more difficulty from her ears to her eye and then around her neck-which I think shows. It was hard to see what I was doing with that chest fluff in the way, and she was pretty squirrelly about me lifting up her ears and putting the clippers near them. So of course we’ll be practicing that more!

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
You did a fabulous job, looks nice and neat. You can really see her beautiful eyes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You did a fabulous job, looks nice and neat. You can really see her beautiful eyes.
How very kind! Thank you. 😊

Reactions: kontiki

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I did Starla’s face and neck for the first time today. It’s a bit splotchy, and I accidentally went up a bit too much between her eyes, but surely as she gets bigger, we’ll both get better at it, right? Tomorrow: feet! View attachment 471327 View attachment 471328
Good for you Starla! I have never gotten up the courage, nor do I have the tools, to do that! Bravo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the compliments! As usual, I was my own worst critic and only seeing the flaws, but y’all have really made me feel better.

Kontiki, I admit I got a bravmini to tackle the face and feet. I bought everything (I thought) before she came home to do the grooming myself but just couldn’t figure out how I was going to do her petite little face with those giant-seeming clippers!

Reactions: kontiki

·
Registered
485 Posts
I did Starla’s face and neck for the first time today. It’s a bit splotchy, and I accidentally went up a bit too much between her eyes, but surely as she gets bigger, we’ll both get better at it, right? Tomorrow: feet! View attachment 471327 View attachment 471328
How beautiful! What sort of Clippers did you use?

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts