Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my pf friends! It’s been a little while since my momma let me put a picture of me here. So I went on a little road trip with my momma and hooman sis and her dog Daisy.
I turned two this summer so been running a few times a week with my momma gettin’ ready for this 5k that was suppose to be last spring.

Well the race was fun for me, however, my momma said the first mile there was too much poodle antics. I was so happy to get runnin’ in the trails that I was leaping an spin in’ for joy! I had to keep turning aroun’ to see where Daisy was too. My momma said she was just exhausted even tho she is used to running many miles cuz she didn’t want to trip on me and get in the dirt and be embarrassed! Then the rest of the time I ran straight and did good. Even passed up other dogs very nicely.
Here we are at the finish!

Then we got to hike at some state parks in the Texas Hill Country
and stay in little cabins and the LaQuinta.
Daisy and I had a great time!

Hi pf friends this is Dewey ... I just gots to say I didn’t get to go on the trip. My momma said only one pood could go and tho I loves hikin’ I don’t like the long car rides. So I stayed home with my dad and Rex. Just wanted to say hope everyone here is doin’ well!

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Congratulations, Aero! Maybe you can suggest to your mom that the solution to poodle antics is running more races!

And good to see dapper Dewey - it looks like he enjoyed his staycation as well.

·
Registered
796 Posts
This is Evie, it sounds like your human and you had lots of fun, I think you should tell your mom that she should race with you more! Where you went looks like so much fun to!

Dewey, it is nice to hear from you to.

·
Premium Member
23,795 Posts
Stormee, Aero and Dewey (plus Peeves' buddy Rex) we are really happy to see such great pics and hear about your grand adventures.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Evie! We definitely want to run more races and I’m sure Aero will get better as we go . It is hard to find ones that allow dogs to run and right now all races have been shut down since last Spring. They are just opening back up. Aren’t you in Texas too? This was all around the Fredericksburg area which is about 3 1/2 hours from us.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, lily cd! Thought during retirement there would be a little more “adventuring” and traveling. We still try to get away on small trips that are pretty isolated.
Congratulations on your training certification! I know that takes a lot of work.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Thanks Evie! We definitely want to run more races and I’m sure Aero will get better as we go . It is hard to find ones that allow dogs to run and right now all races have been shut down since last Spring. They are just opening back up. Aren’t you in Texas too? This was all around the Fredericksburg area which is about 3 1/2 hours from us.
Indeed it is very hard to find that type of race. Was it on paved or a trail?
We do indeed live in Texas, we are about 4.5 hours from Fredericksburg.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Indeed it is very hard to find that type of race. Was it on paved or a trail?
We do indeed live in Texas, we are about 4.5 hours from Fredericksburg.
Part of it was on dirt/gravel road and part on a mowed grass trail. It was suppose to be held last May and you were to run through the fields of wildflowers on all sides. Needless to say, there was only one small field of flowers at this time and everything else was dirt. It was still a nice run!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts