Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago when I went to do a quick cleanup of Molly's face, I grabbed my Wahl Chromado and accidently tried to use the wrong adapter to charge it and it now won't hold a charge and also loses power when I try using it with the cord.........So I decided to buy a new one.

I went on a hunt for the best deal of course and I found one........but it is a mystery why it has a different name on it......I was really wary of purchasing it but I decided to take the chance since I was using a gift card that was given to me in Sept. as a B-Day gift so it wasn't really costing me anything......

Now comes the mystery

IT LOOKS LIKE A WAHL BRAVURA BUT IT IS LABELED A 'DASUQUIN'......the model#1870 li+ is the same as the Bravura, the instruction sheet, the 5in1 blade, and all of the included accessories are the same. The pictures on E-Bay showed all of this so I took the chance.......

I got it TODAY and it is a BRAVURA IN DISQUISE!!!!!!??????
It is also brand new just as the seller said!

So tell me why I can't find a 'Wahl Dasuquin' in the Wahl website?
I can find no reference to this model anywhere! Neither animal or human!
When I Google 'Wahl Dasuquin' the Bravura comes up LOL!!! I am VERY curious and hope someone can tell me the answer to my question!

Needless to say I am a VERY happy camper cuz I only paid $29.95 for it LOL!!!
Here's a picture I just took!

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Dasuquin is a joint supplement for dogs. My guess is this oddly labeled Bravura started out as either a branded gift for some kind of convention, or was a promotional item. Either way, nice score!

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Thanks! I never thought of it being a 'swag gift' for Dasuquin joint supplements but that seems likely doesn't it! Now that you mention it, the 'Dasuquin' logo on the case has the little 'r' in a circle on it! (registered trademark) as does the Wahl logo too!
Yeah feeling pretty good about getting a brand new Bravura for less than $30 LOL!!!

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
You got a sweet deal - nothing wrong with swag.

Reactions: MollyMuiMa

·
Registered
12,365 Posts
Even better snip than mine! Congratulations, and well spotted.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Oh my heavens Molly Mui ma! What a fantastic score hahaha! Way to go!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts