Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this something that happens to poodles? She was totally black as a puppy. Now her muzzle, toes, and hair in general is getting a gray cast. 1689.JPG

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Did you notice if she had a reddish cast or highlights in the sun when she was younger?
Here's some photos of my Neo, who's also changing, for comparison. He and his brother will be 3 years tomorrow.

Afternoon sunlight September 2017, this lighting had an extreme effect on the color. Just over 4 months old.

A few days later outside partly cloudy day. There's a bit of reddish cast around his mouth

Two weeks ago, part sun part shade, nearing 3 years old

same day more shaded

I love the way this change is going :)

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
I think it is fascinating watching poodles change color. My black has stayed black but now has white hairs sporadically, most notable in his tail. Some refer to this as a "bad black" - though he never could be bad - LOL. He is 5 yr.old.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Your baby is turning blue. Poppy began turning blue at about 2 yrs and mostly finished by 3 yrs. Her tail, lower legs and parts of her ears are still mostly black. Silvers turn very very early, blues take much longer. It is a fascinating process.

·
Super Moderator
6,318 Posts
Is Peggy turning blue and white instead of black and white? Look at what's happening to her previously jet black spots! I find the clear line between the old and new colours absolutely fascinating.

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
Your poodle is turning blue. Beckie started at 2 and she will be 3 soon. She is far from finished, it’s funny she has big blue patches and black patches.

Here she is after I just did her face a few minutes ago. You can see on her muzzle there is just a little bit of black left (it’s not a patch of hair that I missed) :

1 - 11 of 11 Posts