Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I found Cody 3 years ago he came to me. He was homeless and had nowhere to go. He has been with us ever since. Last week my back went out. I couldn't walk and was in severe pain. My wife had to drive me to the Urgent Care Center. They shot me full of narcotics which eased the pain. They told my wife to take me home and put me to bed, because I would most likely sleep the rest of the day away.

When we left Cody knew something was wrong. He knew I wasn't well, and he went crazy, screaming and crying like we've never heard him before. He has never acted like that. When we got home and I got into bed, he wanted desperately to be on the bed with me. Our bed is high and he can't get up by himself, but he can jump down on to the carpet. My wife put him in bed with me and he would not leave. He stayed pressed against my side for the rest of the day, and all night. He only came down to go to the bathroom and eat, then he wanted right back up, and cried furiously until my wife put him back in the bed with me.

The next day I was able to move around a bit, but I was still very sore, so I spent the next 2 days just laying in my recliner, waiting for the pain to pass. He was right there with me all the time. He never left, laying in between my legs all the time. Even when I got up to go to the bathroom, he would follow me in, and lay at my feet until I was done. Then he followed me back and got right back into the chair with me. He laid with his head over my leg, just like this picture shows...... For 2 straight days. He never left.

I've never had a dog stand guard over me like this. It is truly amazing the way he sensed knowing I wasn't well, and stayed with me like that. Only this day has he started to return to normal, as I have. And even as I type this, he's right next to me. I've never had a dog pay that kind of attention to me in my life. I'm convinced dogs have a sixth sense. He really is my best pal!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
They know :) I do hope that you are feeling better soon. Back pain is the worst.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Amazing how tuned in to us our little pals are. I am glad you are feeling better.....back pain stinks. You are so lucky to have your little guy to look after you.

:angel:

Viking Queen

·
Registered
7,086 Posts
Good to hear you're on the mend............ a little canine therapy is the best medicine. Clearly you and Cody have a very tight bond - he knew you needed him.

Reactions: billt
1 - 8 of 8 Posts