Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vaus won First Place and Best Male puppy on his second UKC show. On the second day of the show, he won First Place, Best Male, Best of Winners and Reserve, gaining his first major! On his first show I don't have pictures but he won First Place and Reserve Best Male. He has about 75 points I think now but all he needs now are 2 more majors to make Champion! I am so proud of him, he behaved so well in the ring!:dance::high5:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
He's gorgeous. You are on quite a roll with the points. He'll be a champion in no time. Congrats on a great showing!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He looks gorgeous! You did an awesome job grooming him!
Thanks a lot. It took me 3 hours to scissor him! I'm trying to get his coat to grow out more, in the UKC, you can have almost any acceptable poodle cut so I am shooting for an Scandinavian puppy lion! I saw a poodle at a show I went to with it and its absolutely gorgeous! I will also be getting another puppy in October from the same breeder, another male this time brown.:curl-lip:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations! Lovely boy. Looks like you are well on your way to a Ch. What is the pedigree behind him?
He is from a kennel called Nobility Poodles, his father is an italian import, Samarcanda Cabryn the Italian Job, a brown. His mother is from Brookview and Cabryn lines, she is a black.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Ohhhh, you're the one who pm'd me. I was going to write back to you.

Yes, that is a brother to my Angel I had. I assume he is 8 months old, thus a full brother from the same litter? He looks great!

I ended up selling Angel to a pet home because she had some faults I did not want to breed into my breedings, but she was/is a super sweet, loving girl. She was not very tall either, only about 22" at 8 months so wasn't going to be a very tall girl, which is funny seeing as her mom is about 28" tall.

Good luck at the other shows!! :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My mothers dog, a brown female is 22 inches tall, and my dog is 24 1/2 inches tall. The breeder told me that the sires line tends to grow slowly, not reaching full height and weight till about 18 months. I have seen older brothers and sisters of our dogs that are at least 26 to 28inches tall at 2 1/2 years old. I think I still have pictures, if I find them I will post them.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
My mothers dog, a brown female is 22 inches tall, and my dog is 24 1/2 inches tall. The breeder told me that the sires line tends to grow slowly, not reaching full height and weight till about 18 months. I have seen older brothers and sisters of our dogs that are at least 26 to 28inches tall at 2 1/2 years old. I think I still have pictures, if I find them I will post them.
Hmmm, she never mentioned it to us. Well, that is good, glad that your boy will be a good sized boy for you. He is sure a handsome boy and definitely looks like Angel. So, does your mother have a female sister to Angel and your boy?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm, she never mentioned it to us. Well, that is good, glad that your boy will be a good sized boy for you. He is sure a handsome boy and definitely looks like Angel. So, does your mother have a female sister to Angel and your boy?
Yes my mom does have the full sister to your dog and mine. The breeder was going to keep her, but changed her mind. Here is a picture of the both of them at 9 weeks old, and some other pictures of siblings.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More pictures from the show...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Congratulations on your wins. He is a beautiful boy! I'm sure he will be a champion really soon.

The others are just as good looking and well put together too. None of them show the sway in the back that Angel has. Her other faults were minor but the sway was very noticeable. I can see that your spoos have straight backs. Other than that, she was a beauty just like yours.

We sure did love that little girl but we were afraid to take a chance that she would not straighten out. She is in a wonderful pet home with another, older poodle and a child to play with.

Hope to see pics of the champion soon.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey thanks. I haven't been on in a while I went back to work full duty 12x8, I'm at work now in this funky patrol car playing with my new toy, my Iphone! I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you and your puppy, I'm sure she is happy. The next show won't be until august 8th so maybe he will finish then I hope! Thanks for the compliments, let me get back to fighting crime.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts