Poodle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was thinking too, if you can offer a monetary reward might help. If someone is intent on keeping her, maybe the lure of cash would help entice them to return her?

I’m hoping she makes her way back safely.

·
Premium Member
7,212 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I am so hoping for happy new here. Please do not forget Craigslist!! Look in found dogs, dogs for adoption, and yes, dogs people are trying to sell - despite the rules.

Editing to add advice I've seen before. Go to the shelter daily; don't expect them to recognize breeds or even breed types or mixes - look with your own eyes. And ask if they have any found dogs in their medical section. Some animal control agencies separate ill and injured pets from others. And some may house found dogs away from those eligible for adoption, so check both.

Wishing you well 💗.

·
Administrator
14,451 Posts
I would be offering a reward and checking Craigslist every single day, multiple times. And do you have a local pet finding group? We have one here and they work tirelessly reuniting lost and stolen pets with their owners.

My heart breaks for you and Gypsy. :(

·
Premium Member
Standard poodle; African Grey Parrot
140 Posts
In the area where I live (Southern California), there are "pet recovery" businesses. They use Bloodhounds to track down the pet. I've never used a service like this, and I know they charge a fee, so I can't vouch for them. In an urban area like where you live, there are probably such services. Just a thought.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
My heart hurts for you. I hope you get her back soon.
Well me and my 4 year old spent the whole day putting up flyers and all the neighborhood kids said they will keep a lookout!!! I've spent every day going to the shelters and walking the area! All I can do now is pray someone has a heart over here and calls my phone if they see someone with her!!! It just bothers me because I have always done the right thing, and I don't understand why someone could just snatch a dog up , take off the collar and keep them for themselves. U never know if the owners where a family with kids or maybe an elder person who has nothing but that dog! I swear it turns my stomach people these days . It really makes me sick! Or even how someone could mistreat these animals, when I went to the shelters these dogs where skinny as I don't know what! Looking like u can play the xylophone on these poor babies ribs! I feel like if it not going to treat any animal with the love and respect then don't have One! Treat all animals as u would ur kids man ! Or don't have any they didn't ask for u to take them and if u never got them they could have gone to a better home so leave them alone if u don't want to take care of them !!! It's just sad!!!

I'm sorry I just keep getting angry every time I think of those poor dogs at the shelter!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well me and my 4 year old spent the whole day putting up flyers and all the neighborhood kids said they will keep a lookout!!! I've spent every day going to the shelters and walking the area! All I can do now is pray someone has a heart over here and calls my phone if they see someone with her!!! It just bothers me because I have always done the right thing, and I don't understand why someone could just snatch a dog up , take off the collar and keep them for themselves. U never know if the owners where a family with kids or maybe an elder person who has nothing but that dog! I swear it turns my stomach people these days . It really makes me sick! Or even how someone could mistreat these animals, when I went to the shelters these dogs where skinny as I don't know what! Looking like u can play the xylophone on these poor babies ribs! I feel like if it not going to treat any animal with the love and respect then don't have One! Treat all animals as u would ur kids man ! Or don't have any they didn't ask for u to take them and if u never got them they could have gone to a better home so leave them alone if u don't want to take care of them !!! It's just sad!!!

I'm sorry I just keep getting angry every time I think of those poor dogs at the shelter!
Sorry that was supposed to be a thread not reply,

·
Premium Member
15,179 Posts
The more people who know, especially neighbourhood children, police, vets, cab drivers, mail men, all the people who are out and about and likely to notice that someone has a new dog, then the more eyes there are looking and the more hope that one of them will spot her and make that important phone call. Keep getting the word out online and on the streets and don't give up hope - my thoughts are with you all.

·
Premium Member
Elroy: Standard Poodle, Born 02/20/21
4,251 Posts
I'm so sorry your girl is still missing. I pray you are reunited. There are actually people that do this to make money reselling the dogs. Maybe the local news can report on it to help get the word out. Here's a story from your area from a couple of months ago. Call them to see if they can help.

·
Premium Member
Elroy: Standard Poodle, Born 02/20/21
4,251 Posts
Here's another nearby newspaper that's taken an interest in local tragedies like yours. The more you get the word out, the better the chances someone who sees her will know to report it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Praying for a safe return unfortunately this breed of dog is very prone to theft. This is exactly why I have Dewy microchipped. I also have his custom tags offering a substantial reward for return. My heart would be aching also being a native of and knowing the Detroit area 😞.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Still no Gypsy! I sit outside all day and night till 4 am just hoping I see her running up the street. I really hate where I live . And the worst part is I Kno somebody knows something! My four years old and I walk down the street where we always walked her every night but ... Still... No Gypsy Bear! My little guy gave up and I just can't believe that someone could just take off her collar and throw it aside! I keep worrying that she is having anxity going crazy like she did if I left her home (which was not often she went everywhere with me) but it really just is killing me not knowing if she is ok!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Detroit 😞
I’m in Ann Arbor. Have you notified (Facebook pages) Michigan Standard Poodle Rescue and the Michigan Standard Poodle page? If you would prefer, send me pics & info & I can post for you. I see your post has pics but I dont want to do this without permission. How big is she? I can’t tell by the pics, maybe miniature sized, like 15-20 lbs?
mid we know what to look for, all the poodle people of the state will look out for you.
I think there is a lost pets of Wayne County page also, people also sometimes sell dogs on hoobly (I put in “hoobly poodle Michigan) and get all the dogs advertised.
I’m so sorry you are going through this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited by Moderator)
I’m in Ann Arbor. Have you notified (Facebook pages) Michigan Standard Poodle Rescue and the Michigan Standard Poodle page? If you would prefer, send me pics & info & I can post for you. I see your post has pics but I dont want to do this without permission. How big is she? I can’t tell by the pics, maybe miniature sized, like 15-20 lbs?
mid we know what to look for, all the poodle people of the state will look out for you.
I think there is a lost pets of Wayne County page also, people also sometimes sell dogs on hoobly (I put in “hoobly poodle Michigan) and get all the dogs advertised.
I’m so sorry you are going through this
She is 14 lbs and yes I would absolutely be grateful if u did.

Mod note: Fixed quote formatting.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts