Poodle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so upset ! I have been looking for my Gypsy sense 6pm ! I looked everywhere until 11:46 pm and sat on the porch to see if she would come home! She has tags on with my address and phone number but NOTHING!!!! IM JUST SO UPSET AND I DON'T THINK ANYONE IS GOING TO BRING HER HOME!!!! they probably are just going to keep her!!!! My two boys are so upset! I just hope someone is a good person and brings my baby girl home!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm so very sorry. I feel sick for you, your family and Gypsy.

In addition to the great advice above, you'll want to check 24Petconnect.com (formerly called Pet Harbor). It's a site where shelters post photos and info on their animals. Search on Lost Dogs using your zip code. I don't know where you are located, but around here, people don't always bring animals they find to the closest shelter, so cast a wide net. You can also upload photos and info about Gypsy, and you will get an email if the database finds a match.

I hope you have a happy reunion very soon.
So I literally just found out that the closest shelter is maybe 3 blocks down from my house! I've lived here for 11 years and never knew it ! I thought it was a pitbull rescue center! Well I have spent the last 2 days at 3 different shelters driving all over putting signs up, and she still hasn't came home!!! As much as I have been turning my cheek... I know the area I live in and I'm almost certain someone probably picked her up and kept her!!!! I won't stop trying but I almost know it's true!!! It hurts my heart so deeply! But I know the people around my neighborhood and I have to come to reality! BUT GOD I PRAY MY BABY FINDS HER WAY HOME TO ME AND MY BOYS BECAUSE WE MISS HER SO MUCH! I feel like I chopped my arm off or lost a child!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I literally just found out that the closest shelter is maybe 3 blocks down from my house! I've lived here for 11 years and never knew it ! I thought it was a pitbull rescue center! Well I have spent the last 2 days at 3 different shelters driving all over putting signs up, and she still hasn't came home!!! As much as I have been turning my cheek... I know the area I live in and I'm almost certain someone probably picked her up and kept her!!!! I won't stop trying but I almost know it's true!!! It hurts my heart so deeply! But I know the people around my neighborhood and I have to come to reality! BUT GOD I PRAY MY BABY FINDS HER WAY HOME TO ME AND MY BOYS BECAUSE WE MISS HER SO MUCH! I feel like I chopped my arm off or lost a child!
I only say this because she had tags with our address and 2 different phone numbers to reach us and nobody seen her and nobody called

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
My heart hurts for you. I hope you get her back soon.
Well me and my 4 year old spent the whole day putting up flyers and all the neighborhood kids said they will keep a lookout!!! I've spent every day going to the shelters and walking the area! All I can do now is pray someone has a heart over here and calls my phone if they see someone with her!!! It just bothers me because I have always done the right thing, and I don't understand why someone could just snatch a dog up , take off the collar and keep them for themselves. U never know if the owners where a family with kids or maybe an elder person who has nothing but that dog! I swear it turns my stomach people these days . It really makes me sick! Or even how someone could mistreat these animals, when I went to the shelters these dogs where skinny as I don't know what! Looking like u can play the xylophone on these poor babies ribs! I feel like if it not going to treat any animal with the love and respect then don't have One! Treat all animals as u would ur kids man ! Or don't have any they didn't ask for u to take them and if u never got them they could have gone to a better home so leave them alone if u don't want to take care of them !!! It's just sad!!!

I'm sorry I just keep getting angry every time I think of those poor dogs at the shelter!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well me and my 4 year old spent the whole day putting up flyers and all the neighborhood kids said they will keep a lookout!!! I've spent every day going to the shelters and walking the area! All I can do now is pray someone has a heart over here and calls my phone if they see someone with her!!! It just bothers me because I have always done the right thing, and I don't understand why someone could just snatch a dog up , take off the collar and keep them for themselves. U never know if the owners where a family with kids or maybe an elder person who has nothing but that dog! I swear it turns my stomach people these days . It really makes me sick! Or even how someone could mistreat these animals, when I went to the shelters these dogs where skinny as I don't know what! Looking like u can play the xylophone on these poor babies ribs! I feel like if it not going to treat any animal with the love and respect then don't have One! Treat all animals as u would ur kids man ! Or don't have any they didn't ask for u to take them and if u never got them they could have gone to a better home so leave them alone if u don't want to take care of them !!! It's just sad!!!

I'm sorry I just keep getting angry every time I think of those poor dogs at the shelter!
Sorry that was supposed to be a thread not reply,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Still no Gypsy! I sit outside all day and night till 4 am just hoping I see her running up the street. I really hate where I live . And the worst part is I Kno somebody knows something! My four years old and I walk down the street where we always walked her every night but ... Still... No Gypsy Bear! My little guy gave up and I just can't believe that someone could just take off her collar and throw it aside! I keep worrying that she is having anxity going crazy like she did if I left her home (which was not often she went everywhere with me) but it really just is killing me not knowing if she is ok!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m in Ann Arbor. Have you notified (Facebook pages) Michigan Standard Poodle Rescue and the Michigan Standard Poodle page? If you would prefer, send me pics & info & I can post for you. I see your post has pics but I dont want to do this without permission. How big is she? I can’t tell by the pics, maybe miniature sized, like 15-20 lbs?
mid we know what to look for, all the poodle people of the state will look out for you.
I think there is a lost pets of Wayne County page also, people also sometimes sell dogs on hoobly (I put in “hoobly poodle Michigan) and get all the dogs advertised.
I’m so sorry you are going through this
She is 14 lbs and yes I would absolutely be grateful if u did.

Mod note: Fixed quote formatting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thank u so much u guys give me hope ! I am so disgusted with the people in my area! Honestly people are cruel and I feel petty but every day and night me and my 4 year old walk around the neighborhood looking for her!!! I won't give up because she is my baby!!! I just miss her souch!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thank u so much u guys give me hope ! I am so disgusted with the people in my area! Honestly people are cruel and I feel petty but every day and night me and my 4 year old walk around the neighborhood looking for her!!! I won't give up because she is my baby!!! I just miss her souch!!!
I'm trying to put more pics of her for u but it won't let me . If I just post them on a regular one or a new thread will u be able to get it or if u want if u have FB or Messenger I can send directly to u ... How ever u want to do it my FB is Amber Smelser u can message me if u want to do it directly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts