Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so upset ! I have been looking for my Gypsy sense 6pm ! I looked everywhere until 11:46 pm and sat on the porch to see if she would come home! She has tags on with my address and phone number but NOTHING!!!! IM JUST SO UPSET AND I DON'T THINK ANYONE IS GOING TO BRING HER HOME!!!! they probably are just going to keep her!!!! My two boys are so upset! I just hope someone is a good person and brings my baby girl home!!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
Join if you don't belong and post to NextDoor.com,, Ring.com, call your local non-emergency police number to report to Animal Control, look for a local Facebook "Lost Pets of your county name",

The more and faster you get notice out, the more eyes you have working for you all. Leave some things of hers outside where she might scent them,
Rectangle Font Handwriting Parallel Tints and shades

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
How awful you must be feeling right now. Stay positive. My neighbour lost his dog a couple of months ago. She was missing for 4 days and he spent every waking hour putting posters up around all the surrounding areas, which contained his phone number. He also posted online on various websites and reported it to the dog wardens in the local areas. After 4 days he got a call and the dog had been found about 4 miles away. There is a ton of information on the internet about what you can do to help get your message out there and report it where ever you can and also ask any local whatsapp dog groups if they can pass a message around too. I always felt she was going to be found and returned. It's just a waiting game once the info is out there. Good luck 🤞

PS. Research shows between 70 - 97% lost dogs are returned to their owners

·
Registered
Phoebe Duck spoo, Frannie Jane pitt mix
173 Posts
I second what @Rose n Poos said about FB. In my (rural) area, they have a "Lost Pets of x county". There are also people in that group that specifically go looking for people's lost dogs so a post there could get you more help. My group has two people trained to recover dogs that no one else can find/catch. Maybe your local group has the same?

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts
Oh no!
I agree that nextdoor.com and Facebook are good resources. In my area there is a Facebook page devoted to nothing but lost dogs. The people who run it have connections with all the local police departments and post notifications whenever they hear a dog got picked up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’m so sorry she’s lost! Praying you find her! I unfortunately know how you are feeling. Some things I learned:
-post on social media- lots of Facebook groups for lost pets (think lost dogs of blank city or county) and neighborhood groups
-Print flyers and post them everywhere! Sightings are so important
-your car is your biggest scent carrier, drive around with your windows open while looking for her.
-I’m not sure if you lost her away from your home, but if so, return to that spot as they will sometimes try to come back to it to find you.
-call animal control, shelters and police departments to report her lost (even in surrounding towns because you never know where someone might turn her in)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm so very sorry. I feel sick for you, your family and Gypsy.

In addition to the great advice above, you'll want to check 24Petconnect.com (formerly called Pet Harbor). It's a site where shelters post photos and info on their animals. Search on Lost Dogs using your zip code. I don't know where you are located, but around here, people don't always bring animals they find to the closest shelter, so cast a wide net. You can also upload photos and info about Gypsy, and you will get an email if the database finds a match.

I hope you have a happy reunion very soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm so very sorry. I feel sick for you, your family and Gypsy.

In addition to the great advice above, you'll want to check 24Petconnect.com (formerly called Pet Harbor). It's a site where shelters post photos and info on their animals. Search on Lost Dogs using your zip code. I don't know where you are located, but around here, people don't always bring animals they find to the closest shelter, so cast a wide net. You can also upload photos and info about Gypsy, and you will get an email if the database finds a match.

I hope you have a happy reunion very soon.
So I literally just found out that the closest shelter is maybe 3 blocks down from my house! I've lived here for 11 years and never knew it ! I thought it was a pitbull rescue center! Well I have spent the last 2 days at 3 different shelters driving all over putting signs up, and she still hasn't came home!!! As much as I have been turning my cheek... I know the area I live in and I'm almost certain someone probably picked her up and kept her!!!! I won't stop trying but I almost know it's true!!! It hurts my heart so deeply! But I know the people around my neighborhood and I have to come to reality! BUT GOD I PRAY MY BABY FINDS HER WAY HOME TO ME AND MY BOYS BECAUSE WE MISS HER SO MUCH! I feel like I chopped my arm off or lost a child!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I literally just found out that the closest shelter is maybe 3 blocks down from my house! I've lived here for 11 years and never knew it ! I thought it was a pitbull rescue center! Well I have spent the last 2 days at 3 different shelters driving all over putting signs up, and she still hasn't came home!!! As much as I have been turning my cheek... I know the area I live in and I'm almost certain someone probably picked her up and kept her!!!! I won't stop trying but I almost know it's true!!! It hurts my heart so deeply! But I know the people around my neighborhood and I have to come to reality! BUT GOD I PRAY MY BABY FINDS HER WAY HOME TO ME AND MY BOYS BECAUSE WE MISS HER SO MUCH! I feel like I chopped my arm off or lost a child!
I only say this because she had tags with our address and 2 different phone numbers to reach us and nobody seen her and nobody called

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Don't give up hope. I personally know of someone who got her dog back by doing everything you are doing. The person also intended to keep the dog but couldn't at that point.

Is your dog microchipped by chance? If not make sure going forward she is. Vets are supposed to scan for them so anyone bringing in a stolen dog would have some explaining to do.

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
I can only imagine how your heart hurts and pray that she will come home to you all.

If you haven't already, put a sign with her picture in your front yard. If she didn't get too far and was picked up, someone will notice that a neighbor suddenly has a new dog and if they see your sign, they may be able to help get her home.

Get her picture up in vet's offices too. If someone brings her in for whatever reason, the vet's office could also help ID her in that case.

Sending hope northward to your family.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts