Poodle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new as of a few days and it has come to my attention that my American flag skull avator has offended some folks on here,, I am very sorry and never ment anything by it,, I just like it and have always used it as I am a proud American and thought it looked kinda cool, nothing more and still use it on other forums and never an issue till now.
I am a construction worker taking care of my elderly mother and wanting a poodle and was excited to be here asking questions,, I have nothing else. I go to work 9hrs. a day and come home and take care of her till she eventually goes to sleep,, wake up do it all over again day after day that’s my life. I was looking so forward to sharing pics of my new Standard baby with you folks and her growing up, I pick her up Sept. 5th. that is / was the only thing I have to look forward to in a long time and was excited to get to share with you folks,, so disappointed. I will deactivate my account and move on but just want to apologize one last time and to thank you for the questions that you answered for me.
Mike

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
I have worked in and around construction for 27 years prior to that I was in the military, I figured you were a biker or in construction
just check the community guidelines in regards to your svatar.

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
We'll be here to welcome you back with open arms if you change your mind, Mike.

My daily routine similarly wears me down, and my poodle brings a smile to my face and some lightness to my heart. I wake up every day excited to see her. Sharing her here has added to the joy. I hope the same for you.

One of my first posts on Poodle Forum, I inadvertently stepped on some toes by sharing my opinion—probably a little too bluntly—on a popular dog food brand. Seems rather funny in retrospect, but I was so embarrassed by the response (and maybe also a little angry) I almost said my goodbyes right then and there.

Needless to say, I'm glad I didn't. :)

We'll be counting down to September 5th with you!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I honestly didn’t even notice your avatar. I don’t look at those as I’m so focused on the subject titles. I really think it would be nice for you to stay. I’m pretty new here myself and I’m finding it such a great place to share and learn and just “hang out” with poodle lovers.😊
I always look forward to visiting this site knowing that someone will understand and have something to share. We are from all different places, situations and have different levels of dog knowledge and specifically poodle knowledge. We have a variety of opinions and ideas but the one thing we all have in common and can agree upon is that our poodle doggies are wonderful and that we love them and want the best for them. Hope you stay and I am looking forward to your poodle pictures and stories. 😊

·
Registered
415 Posts
I am new as of a few days and it has come to my attention that my American flag skull avator has offended some folks on here,, I am very sorry and never ment anything by it,, I just like it and have always used it as I am a proud American and thought it looked kinda cool, nothing more and still use it on other forums and never an issue till now.
I am a construction worker taking care of my elderly mother and wanting a poodle and was excited to be here asking questions,, I have nothing else. I go to work 9hrs. a day and come home and take care of her till she eventually goes to sleep,, wake up do it all over again day after day that’s my life. I was looking so forward to sharing pics of my new Standard baby with you folks and her growing up, I pick her up Sept. 5th. that is / was the only thing I have to look forward to in a long time and was excited to get to share with you folks,, so disappointed. I will deactivate my account and move on but just want to apologize one last time and to thank you for the questions that you answered for me.
Mike
OMG, some people are just too freaking sensitive...Hopefully, people didn't get their panties all in a twist and bombard the moderators as opposed to sending you a polite PM, especially as a new member. I find pics of the dog(s) usually offend no one so that's what I usually stick to online in all my dog related groups - poodles, agility and other performance, dog health, dog food, etc., etc...Hopefully you stay and share your new puppy and get advice from those here...

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I'd like it if you'd continue to participate. Please don't stop because of misunderstandings.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mike
Please stay

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hi, I am in similar cycle, and also in KY. My mom has dementia and can no longer stay alone more than a day or two so I am back and forth between my house and hers but mostly hers🙄 My spoos are about my only social outlet. My husband helps me and is a golfer, but I have inte in golf, so dog sport it is. I hope you enjoy you new addition. They will certainly give you run for your money!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Mike,
I am so happy to hear you are getting a poodle. Dogs bring a lot of joy to people's lives.

Also, I hope you stick around. Sounds like the person who complained needs to work on ignoring things that upset them. As long as your avatar follows the forum guidelines, you are good to go.

Can't wait to see pics of your puppy!

·
Premium Member
4,279 Posts
Ah, please stay. Look at the good stuff and just pass by the rest. Hope we will see some Pictures when Puppy gets home. I love thpse pics of the little ones.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I also hope you stick around, most of us are kind but you will always have someone who get offended at anything. I say if offended move on or skip that particular thread, its so easy to do. Hope your not totally gone and will stick with us. We are not all closed minded.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear this and hope you decide to stay on the forums. I'm new myself and created my account after lurking for a bit. I was impressed by the activity level and support for members that I saw, but of course there's always a couple of bad apples. Otherwise it wouldn't be the internet, I suppose. Or life. Still, I've enjoyed your posts and questions so far and hope you stick around. We are also awaiting our first poodle, from a litter that is a week old today. It's very exciting!

·
Registered
958 Posts
The anonymity of the internet makes some people forget that they're responsible for what they say. Unfortunately, that seems to happen on all sites.

If I were you, I'd look back to the responses that you've gotten here. Did you find most of them to be friendly?
I think they were intended to be both friendly and helpful.

·
Premium Member
9,835 Posts
Hope you change your mind, Mike! The Forum is a friendly, knowledgeable place, and yeah, we all have opinions. If the moderators haven’t tagged you with some rule about your avatar, I would continue to join in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.