Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so happy when the package got here I wanted to go and groom Harry right that minute. I've got too many things going on and there is a big storm coming so he'll just end up dirty again. I'm going to wait it out until my usual Sunday. I tested it out and love the fit in my hand though and the difference in the noise between the Switchblade and the Andis is remarkable.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Love the wsitchbalde tho However the switchblade really heats up quick .I use my Andis for the babies Is it cordless?

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
No it's the corded one but I did buy a Laube cordless for when I get a baby.
And Ebay was the place to go, wow the savings was pretty huge!:)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I'm glad I got it on Ebay because even with shipping I saved about $20-30.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
YES but I'm thinking maybe something needed to be changed in the motor.
I'm wondering that too, I notice that arent really consistant quality wise which I would say is a fault. I love mine, it has a short in the cord right now though so needs service. There are some things I would have changed on the switchblade personaly, like the power switch and the heavy cord, but It ws quiet and I liked how it was lighter than my andis though the shape took some getting used to at first. The Andis is still my favorite :)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I love the switchblade, but i had older Osters and they were heavy. So the lightness of the Switchblade and the adjustable settings are so neat.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't like that power plug. It was really big but I did like the long cord. My Andis has a super long cord but just a normal plug. I like way you turn the Andis pair on but didn't like the knob on the Switchblade. My Switchblade heated up the blades really fast. I was changing them nonstop.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Definately heats up fast , I too love the cord I kinda like the plug as is tays in the socket better ? . Does the andis use oster blades ?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Definately heats up fast , I too love the cord I kinda like the plug as is tays in the socket better ? . Does the andis use oster blades ?
Yeah that Andis will use Oster, Wahl, Geib, Laube, whatever. That's nice because the Geib ones are cheaper.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I may just take your reccomendation and look into this clipper What is the model ? Nothing I hate more than having equipment that does not work Hubby uses the old removable head oster clipper I hate them ! He swears by them and will not give them up he has about 10 pairs and most of them do not work ! OMG !

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine is the red AGC Super 2 Speed. There is an upgrade to that one with the Ultraedge but I didn't get that one. I thought I should just stick with what people recommend and since I will have the Laube too, I didn't need to spend more money.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I guess I got lucky with my switchblae, it didn't heat up quickly either. I got good at turning tha knob thing on and off with my pinky but I wish they hadnt put it there, would have made more sense to me to just make a regualr on off, especialy when mine shorted out and really only had ONE speed lol.

I do notice, at least with the new andis pair I got last month that the andis brand blades seem to run quieter than any of the other brands I have. I have thus far leaned towards the oster blades but now I may reconsider as the clippers are almost silent with the andis blade on them. Maybe it's just me :p I'll have to test the therory when my older andis clipper comes back from Ryans (needed new blade drive) and see if it is quieter with the andis blades as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts