Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I don’t know if my little boy has an ear infection or mite? His teeth are still coming through. Could it be this, just like kids. He only has one ear with a little wax, they don’t smell, I got the stuff from vet to break down wax. Which it did. It was brown. Not a lot. But his always scratching his ears and jaw .. is there any natural treatments that I can do? And how much do I pot in his ears? Do I put it right in the ear drum? I’ve heard of apple cider vinegar or a bit of coconut oil..
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,103 Posts
Peggy did scratch at her jaw a lot while she was in the early stages of teething, but 7 months seems awfully late for that. Could he have a dental issue maybe?

Itchy ears can also signal a food or environmental allergy. Are his paws itchy, too? Any other symptoms, like diarrhea?

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
It sounds like an ear infection. If he is scratching his jaw, the pain is going down. I would see the vet. Better safe than sorry, ear infections are painful.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Peggy did scratch at her jaw a lot while she was in the early stages of teething, but 7 months seems awfully late for that. Could he have a dental issue maybe?

Itchy ears can also signal a food or environmental allergy. Are his paws itchy, too? Any other symptoms, like diarrhea?
thanks Peggy

I ended up doing vet prescription ear wax cleaner - didn’t work then I did a natural apple cider vinegar and water rinse followed by a little bit of olive oil, I feel his hasn’t scratched mad. So it could have been a allergy which this fixed it.
he went through late teething and tends to scratch his jaw where this teeth are coming through. So it’s just like a child I discovered
All in all, he is doing great. Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts