Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Murphy is really enjoying playing with Bodger. She still gets a little too rough once in a while, but for the most part he holds his own.

Lately they like to play tug of war. If Murphy lays down, Bodger can even pull her along the hardwood floor a short distance. Here's a picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
omg, Bodger has gotten REALLY cute(not that he wasnt before)!!
Well he got his first big boy clip yesterday. I've been clipping him but this time he went to the groomer and we did him together - he's got more of a grown up clip now and I think it's really cute on him.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I was wondering the same thing actualy about how easy it would be to find a groomer who had done that clip before. I've never done it, nor have I seen it done. I've only ever groomed one bedlington and it was just a shave down all over.

He is certaining getting super cute!! I had forgotten you had gotten one. Glad to see that everyone gets along :)

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
That's a lot more than me even Wonderpup, lol, I've never even seen one in person! If someone came in and wanted me to do a betlington cut on their dog I'd stare at them for a sec, ask them if they were sure, then fetch my dusty, neglected grooming book.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
hehe ditto Fluffy. I know I could figure it out. One of my few talents is being able to re-create haircuts from pictures with or without instructions. I know some people have to see it in action to get enough of a visual to be able to do it. Haha, I'm a picture and a paragraph sort of girl I suppose :p

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it difficult finding a groomer that actually knows how to do the cut? And are his eyes naturally brown around them or does he have some tear staining?
It's extremely difficult to find a groomer with experience clipping a bedlington. We had two previously but both have retired. My current groomer has never done one before and is very nervous about it. I've clipped my own dogs many times but have no training so I don't do things the proper way. Plus I'm not good at scissoring the legs. I got a DVD and gave the groomer a copy so that she can see how another real groomer does it! Unfortunately, it arrived too late for her to watch before our appointment on Saturday. I think she did a great job, though. No thanks to me. I kept trying to tell her what the woman on the DVD did and she kept saying 'that's pretty vague, Kathy'.

The brown around his eyes is bad tear staining. According to the breeder, this goes hand in hand with teething and will resolve itself in time. I only got one of my previous 3 bedlingtons as a puppy and I don't remember this problem, but then that was a very long time ago :smile: In the meantime, I've bought something to try to get rid of the stains. Hope it works.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Since he's still a puppy, your groomer will have plenty of time to learn the cut 8D I think you're doing her a favor, it's a rare treat to groom a betlington.

And if your breeder says that it'll fade then maybe it will? There's lots of ways to lessen it in the meatime, and I hope whatever you got works for you too ^^

·
Registered
646 Posts
I know my cream standard had bad tearing as a puppy teething so I can say probably.
Food has some things to do with it though as well so what are you feeding him?
Mandy gets bad boogers from Orijen but not tearing just dry gunk

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
What a great picture of them together. I wasn't familiar with the Bedlington. It's nice to see a picture. He looks like a real pistol and a sweetheart.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know my cream standard had bad tearing as a puppy teething so I can say probably.
Food has some things to do with it though as well so what are you feeding him?
Mandy gets bad boogers from Orijen but not tearing just dry gunk
Bodger's on Legacy. It's quite similar to Orijen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts