Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have previously owned two standards and looking for a new puppy. Curious about Moyen poodles and how they compare to standards.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Breeding Standards to Minis is not the answer. It is a quick fix to bring down size quickly and it seems to create a Poodle who is a mixed bag of parts and types.

There are people breeding smaller Standards. Why not just seek them out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
smaller standards

Breeding Standards to Minis is not the answer. It is a quick fix to bring down size quickly and it seems to create a Poodle who is a mixed bag of parts and types.

There are people breeding smaller Standards. Why not just seek them out?
I've come to that conclusion. Going to look for smaller standard. I don't want any part of miniature poodles (too hyper...no offense)

I live in NJ and trying to find a standard at a reasonable price has been challenging. Spending $1000+ up is not going to happen.

Lots of puppies available under that price range out of my area but I'd have to ship and I don't want that.

I'll keep looking until I find a good breeder and right price. My other two standards were spectacular and they were under $700.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I've come to that conclusion. Going to look for smaller standard. I don't want any part of miniature poodles (too hyper...no offense)

I live in NJ and trying to find a standard at a reasonable price has been challenging. Spending $1000+ up is not going to happen.

Lots of puppies available under that price range out of my area but I'd have to ship and I don't want that.

I'll keep looking until I find a good breeder and right price. My other two standards were spectacular and they were under $700.
Frostfire Poodles on here has a litter. I have no idea what size they will be, but they are very pretty puppies!

·
Registered
875 Posts
LOL Arreau, you guys are good.

Jamie is 20 inches tall, 30-35 lbs

Brian is 50lbs even, but I have not measured him, Id say he is 24-25 ish inches.

Im not sure how big the pups will be either :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts