Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:biggrin: I don't know if I'll ever get a photo of Vinnie without something in his mouth!! I love how he carries things around and retrieves his toys!!

Marsha

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I LOVE the pictures of Vinnie. My favorite is the first one where he is looking around the corner. It's fun to see him carrying around his toys. It shows the working side of his nature. I don't think people see enough of that in poodles. All they seem to see is the pretty side, because they are fabulously gorgeous.

You even have some pictures where he is frolicking around and simply flying through the air. How fun is THAT?!?!?! He is certainly living the good life.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks BFF - Vinnie is not the sit on the couch poodle at all! In fact, he has never held still in my lap ever! He is always on the go and very much a get dirty and play boy - running through puddles and digging in the dirt! :biggrin: We are hoping to do hunt tests with him later along with agility, rally and obedience.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
ROFL, I love that third picture, his expression is soooo funny. Vinnie looks like such a fun little guy!! I bet you're going to have a blast with him when you two startdoing agility.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I just LOVE your first and third photo. Vinnie is soooo much fun. I can't wait to see pics of him actually working in the classes you mentioned. He is so much fun to look at.

·
Registered
843 Posts
OK,seriously I want Vinnie.
LOVE him.
Gunther is like that....always something in his mouth.
Spoos are notorious for that.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK,seriously I want Vinnie.
LOVE him.
Gunther is like that....always something in his mouth.
Spoos are notorious for that.
ROTFL - good thing you live so far away!!

I have never had a dog that would carry things around like this. I love it! (ok... not when he steals my shoes! I hide those now)

·
Registered
843 Posts
ROTFL - good thing you live so far away!!

I have never had a dog that would carry things around like this. I love it! (ok... not when he steals my shoes! I hide those now)
You can just totally tell what a spunky,feisty,smart little boy he is.
I am a big fan of your photos as well.
What camera are you using?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks!!

I shoot a Nikon D300 and 99% of the time, the lens that is on it is the 70-200/2.8. I just love the combination! It weighs a ton, but builds up the arms! :biggrin:

·
Registered
419 Posts
I love those pictures, Marsha, especially the first one. Vinnie looks like a ton of fun and your photography skills allow you to share that with all of us. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone!! He just grows so fast, I feel like if I miss a day of taking photos, I miss a lot! I TRY to get good photos of him weekly. Especially when he is groomed.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
His face looks so smooth! My hubby was even wondering how lol! He siad "our dogs faces are not that smooth, what aren't you doing" LOL! He is adorable! I can not get Ki-ki to fetch actually Zoey either LOL! Tynk will fetch all day long, any tips on how to teach the other 2?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks P4P! Vinnie's f/f/t are all done with a Wahl Mini Arco - totally worth it's weight in gold!! I got it on Amazon for about $75 and it is so smooth and quiet. It is about the equivilant of a 30 blade.

Not sure about the retrieving - Vinnie came pre-wired with that! :biggrin: He is the first dog I have ever had that carries things and fetches just for the fun of it.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
With Tynk, it seemed to be second nature lol! She started at about 9-10 weeks and has been doing it every since! She even gets things for you if you tell her to get it and point she will go pick up what you are pointing at and bring it! Zoey and Ki-ki are a little more slow on the idea LOL! I would like to do RallyO' with Ki-ki so I know I need to work on it. Now that Tynks coat has grown out, I am going to start teaching her as well, I would LOVE to take her to agility, she is so obedient everyone thinks she is like 10 and she is not even 2 yet! I would also love for them to be therapy dogs.....big plans big plans LOL!!!! We are planning a trip back to Omaha in Aug and I will be bringing them with me, if we make it I would not mind meeting you and Vinnie in person. Thank you for the advise and please if there is anything else I need to know that may not be covered in the basic sites, please feel free to offer it up :peace:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts