Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or vole.

It is pouring with rain here, and has been since yesterday afternoon. Tilly-cat has very kindly decided to entertain the dogs by bringing home tiny rodent(s) all alive-oh and dropping them around the house for the dogs to chase. I suppose it saves me having to get out the Ottosson toys, but I do feel sorry for the vole or whatever it is that is currently holed up under the sofa with dogs patrolling up and down.

Ooops - it has made a dash for the credenza. It is going to be a long and exciting day...!

·
Super Moderator
1,101 Posts
Oh no! Yesterday when I was outside with the boys I saw the corner of one of our tarps moving in an unnatural way. A few minutes later a mole emerged and scurried over to a hole underneath a gift of grass. The boys were wrestling over a tennis ball at the time, so I just kept quiet and let the little guy make his escape.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
My suggestion, shut your bedroom door! Unless you want a cat dropping a live rodent under your bed and then playing hunt the critter at two in the morning. Been there, done that, made for a long night and an extremely grumpy morning.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Sounds like you are going to be busy......... 🤣

Reactions: Rose n Poos

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, by the time I came down from getting dressed, accompanied by Poppy and Tilly-cat, there was an extremely small, extremely dead shrew in the middle of the floor with Sophy watching it from a distance. I don't know whether she caught and killed it or it died of a heart attack, but the excitement was over for the day.

I hear you on gifts in the night, C&T. Perhaps even worse were the dead ones Poppy carefully hid under the fleecy bed cover. It took a while to track down the source of the increasingly horrible smell, and then a great deal of laundry before bedtime...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts