Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just about made my mind up to Andis AGC Super 2 speed clippers, but there is an extremely good offer on Moser Arco trimmers at the moment. I would only be trimming Poppy, so these Andis clippers might be overegging the pudding a bit. There again, the Arco is a trimmer rather than clipper ... Would they be up to the job? I do like the idea of a cordless clipper, but have had bad experience of batteries failing in the past. We are talking a price difference of around $120 versus $180 (based on UK prices). I hate making decisions!:eek:hwell:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I use this trimmer for face feet and tail and for cutting my husband's hair. I love it - light, easy to hold and comes with a spare battery in case one goes flat whilst trimming. I personally wouldn't use it as a clipper.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are right that the Andis clippers would be more versatile, highhorse - ideally I would like both, but funds will not permit it!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Are you looking at the Arco or the Mini Arco? I have used the Mini Arco for a standard's FFT. It is nice for skittish dogs because it is quieter and less buzzy than my Oster. It is kind of small for a standard but might work for a toy. It comes with clip-on combs but I have never tried to use them, as I only use it for FFT. My main complaint about the Mini Arco is that it has a proprietary blade (from what I can tell) that isn't cheap and gets dull pretty quickly. I haven't tried having them sharpened.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I love love love my Arco Moser, I wouldn't use it for a full body clip, although the batteries charge up fast. They have a blade that goes from 10 to 40, I usually use a 40 on Foxxy, she is in a continental, and a 10 on Baldr FFT and sanitary. I have not noticed that the blades get dull fast

1 - 5 of 5 Posts