Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was not a nice day. First of all, Mum forgot to give us breakfast, even though we kept reminding her, and when we went out for pees and poos she put my lead on, so I couldn't even have a hunt for the bits the cats had dropped! And then we went to the vets, and I had to go in all by myself and have horrible things done, and even though they gave me quite a nice breakfast I just wanted to get in the car and go home for scrummy medicine chicken. But I didn't even get that - we went home, but almost at once we went back to the vets and they did more horrible things! So by the time evening came I was really tired and wanted to go to bed early, but my tummy was uncomfy so I needed to get up again, and then again a bit later, and it was all a bit much.

So when we all woke up very early this morning and had pees and poos Mum said she thought we could all do with a bit more sleep, and we went back to bed and slept till it was really, really late - nearly 8 o'clock! And that meant breakfast was late, too. And then Mum was very busy busy boring cleaning the bathroom and washing clothes and doing all the other pointless things humans waste time on, and when I said it was lunchtime she said I should wait a bit because I had a late breakfast! What?! One late meal is bad enough, but two?!! And even worse Mum says I may not need quite as much medicine, depending on what the vets finds out from al the horrible things he did, and I love chicken-chunks-with-medicine-in! But Mum says I can still have the chicken bit, so that may be OK.

But I still don't think meals should be allowed to be late.

Poppy xxx

[Poppy had a bile stim test yesterday, which requires a starving blood test, followed by a fairly high fat meal, then a second blood test. Anything fatty gives her diarrhoea these days, so that plus stress was more than enough to upset her tummy. Now awaiting the results - keep paws and fingers crossed! - fjm]

·
Registered
734 Posts
Dear Poppy, I hear you, babe. Next time you renegotiate your contract, put in a 'meals on time' clause. And you might throw in something about chicken chunks. Get it in writing.

I'm adding a 'freedom to chase robins' on morning walks clause myself.

Regards - Normie

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Poor Poppy!!! How perfectly miserable!!! Blood tests are scary, and to miss yummy breakfast on top of that ?!

Humans are awful for telling time, they have these things called "clocks" but don't seem to be as good at following them as us dogs!!!! I think they should get rid of those clocks and just listen to us dogs.

My human is TERRIBLE for not taking me for a walk on time. I get a walk every evening, and it keeps getting later and later because she says she is waiting for the sun to go down and the squirrels to go to sleep. Piffle I LIKE walks with squirrels. Last night she was even later later!!!!! I kept thumping my head on her lap and she kept rubbing my ears. Ear rubs are nice but I want WALKS. So I started to lick her feet, and she still didn't figure it out and put down the glowing screen thing. She said she was "working" and paying for dog food and told me to down stay while she fed me cracker crumbs. Pfft. Crackers are yummy, but I want WALKS and she was 'working' ALL DAY (well, except for some playing with me, trick practice, and our mid day walk but those don't count by EVENING).

Luckily the human's mom took pity on me and took me for a short walk with Trixie "to get me out of my humans hair so she could finish her work'" - humans are bad at anatomy too, it was her feet i was after, i havent chewed her hsir since i was a baby, i am a grown up poodle now- but they are slow and don't bring treats or my ball on the walk.

Maybe you need to get a second human you can trick into giving you food when your human forgets? Maybe a neighbour?

Humans! They are just so oblivious!

Xoxo Annie

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is "working" like busy-busy-boring? My Mum says she doesn't have to do it anymore, and seems to get very happy, all singing and dancing and jumping and saying Hurrah! whenever she thinks about it. And I think humans should definitely listen to dogs rather than looking at stupid machines - my tummy is much, much more accurate. AND we haven't had a proper walk all day, because it is horribly wet and windy, and Mum won't turn the weather off when we ask her to. She just keeps on being busy, tidying and washing and cleaning. I think there must be visitors coming...

Poppy xx

·
Super Moderator
1,452 Posts
Galen complains he went to the groomer. Now his feet are bald and tickly. Even worse, while he was away all his blankets and beds and even leashes went into the washing machine. They smell weird now. One of the humans started talking like somebody on TV and said "the house has developed a distinctly doggy fug." Galen asked Pogo what a fug was. Pogo wouldn't say; he said it's a very naughty word and that Galen is too young to be using it. Galen doesn't understand why the humans said it if its a naughty word.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Me, Merlin and Beckie have all our fingers and toes crossed for Poppy’s results to be excellent !

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Poor Poppy, what an unpleasant day. I hope you have good news.

Reactions: fjm

·
Premium Member
9,687 Posts
Dear Poppy,
I hope you never have to return to that sadist again. My humans take me, randomly and when I’m feeling lousey, or when I have the odd lump to the sadist. He did something unspeakable to me in my youth and I haven’t forgotten. I also don’t forget mealtimes. Joy! I like to remind the female with plenty of time to spare. Insult to injury on the missed meal. Best wishes on good test results so you can resume your rambles and your routine. Especially breakfast!

Your pal,
Buck

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Oh poor Poppy. I have to remind my hooman of so many things, not just meals or walks but these plus time to take your medication and times we need to snuggle together.
Hoping that there will be good results so you don't have to miss any other meals.
Love, Asta

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well they do try to be kind, Buck, and give me lots of cuddles, but it is still horrible. They always say I am very good, but that is because Mum taught me to stand still on the table when there are clippers and scissors and things like that about, and because I always feel if you stay very still and very small when scary things are about they may not see you and might go away. Sophy prefers to tell them very loudly and clearly to leave her alone, but she says even that doesn't stop them doing horrible things... Anyway, that was two sleeps and lots of meals and chicken and treats ago, so I have nearly forgotten already.

Mum's shiny box thing makes a noise when it is nearly time for meals and scrummy medicine, but I like to tell her ahead of that. Then she has time for all the faffing about things humans always seem to need to do but still feed us before we fall over from starvation.

I don't think humans will ever really understand how extremely important meals and treats and walks are...

Poppy xxx

Reactions: hkb and Rose n Poos
1 - 12 of 12 Posts