Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cleared out cookies etc. on my iPad and had a few days free of the hijacking..... but it's back and every time I open PF I'm hijacked to their ad.

I notice it appears to be ads marketed to iPads- which explains why I don't see it on my laptop.

(1) Amazon Gift!

·
Premium Member
9,571 Posts
Google what happened. The greatest thing about the Internet is all the free tech support, especially in the Apple community.

·
Registered
596 Posts
This happens to me too - on my iPhone only - never on my laptop - annoying Amazon You are a Winner ads. All the time - opening in Safari - and never on my laptop.

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Google what happened. The greatest thing about the Internet is all the free tech support, especially in the Apple community.
I followed what I could find to clean my phone. I have Safari security settings turned on with Block Pop-ups and Fraudulent Website Warning.

It only happens on PF - never on any other website. I figure it must be something related to the way PF is set up or perhaps they sell ads to this group but don't expect them to hijack us? Or possibly they are using a weakness in the PF program to wheedle their way in. I'm not savvy about these things but I'm sure PF wouldn't want ads like this to turn off posters.

I don't mind the other ads - I realize they pay for PF. These Amazon ads are different. I'm sure they are a scam and not a real Amazon ad. Once they pop up you can't do anything, you can't go back to a previous page, and it takes over the whole screen. I have to close the window and open a new one - go back to PF and the darnn ad pops up again - it doesn't take long before you give up going to PF since you can't be productive reading or responding to posts.

Reactions: NLago and Moni

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yep same here - once the "ad" pops up my phone is frozen and the only way to move forward is to close Safari and start over. Most annoying and only happens when using PF...

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
This has happened to me, too, when on my (Android) phone. I was not logged in, just accessing the forum via the built in Chrome browser. It does not happen every time I come by to read for a few minutes, so it's intermittent and harder to tie to something I've done inadvertently.

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it is intermittent. I’m using my iPad now without any problems.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Oh me too, not necessarily on PF but it has happened when you get those "your a winner" you can't get out, you have to shut it down then restart.

·
Administrator
708 Posts
Hi there,

I've been trying to replicate this issue with my iPad Pro and iPhone X and so far, haven't been able to do so. I'll keep trying so I can alert our tech guys. If it's an intermittent issue, it may be a little harder to pin down. Keep using this thread to update us if this continues to happen to you guys.

Yung

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay. And yes, it is intermittent. But when it happens it keeps happening for awhile.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
The popup happened to me in the wee hours of this morning/last night, after not occurring for some time. I'm wondering if I add the Adblock plugin to my phone's browser if that will help. Problem being, I'm not willing to create and sign into a Google Play account to do so. Maybe once I get to wi-fi (library) and finish downloading F-Secure, that will take care of it. Hopefully it won't slow my phone to a crawl....

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The popup happened to me in the wee hours of this morning/last night, after not occurring for some time. I'm wondering if I add the Adblock plugin to my phone's browser if that will help. Problem being, I'm not willing to create and sign into a Google Play account to do so. Maybe once I get to wi-fi (library) and finish downloading F-Secure, that will take care of it. Hopefully it won't slow my phone to a crawl....
Streetcar I have Adblock plus and it didn’t stop this annoying hijacking.

Reactions: Streetcar

·
Administrator
708 Posts
Sent that link up to get blocked. If you see any more of these, provide the URL of the popup and we'll look into it. Also include the device/browser used at the time.

- JB

·
Registered
343 Posts
(1) Amazon Gift!, %20Inc.&lang=en&ref_domain=&os=iOS&osv=11&browser=Chrome&browserv=68&brand=Apple&model=iPad&marketing_name=iPad&tablet=1&rheight=0&rwidth=0&e=4

Popped up just now.

Ipad and chrome

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
(1) Amazon Gift!

It happened earlier today on my iPhone using Safari browser. Every time I went to PF - this ad kept coming out - so I couldn't post about it as it was occurring.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm happy/not happy to see others are struggling with this too! Drives me nuts. I'll grab URLs next time it happens, normally i've looked at a few posts then whammo! Some have been.....provocative by nature :x

·
Registered
331 Posts
I’ve had it happen using Safari but I downloaded the Tapatalk app to use for PF and it doesn’t happen.
The only problem with Tapatalk is that it doesn’t support polls, so I use Safari for voting on the monthly photo contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 100 Posts