Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Catherine,time to update the troops! (looks like mostly tweaking to command discrimination and easier path to RACH)

Martha et al (who said it would all change again before I got that far,but I didn't think there would be changes before I STARTED :argh:)

·
Premium Member
22,972 Posts
The RACh points schedule is so much better! I might even work for that now, especially since they will go back to 2017 when the title first became available to calculate the points. Under the original 2017 rules, Lily has no points, but now she will even without future entries. https://www.akc.org/sports/rally/rally-news-updates/

I see some clarifications on the command discrimination in open and also now just one part for a stay, now a stand stay, with the handler going out to get the leash and then being ordered without the one minute to return to the dog. That will be much better for the time to get through open classes and be better able to sync with utility entries for the B folks. I had seen a fair amount of people having ring conflicts. https://www.akc.org/sports/obedience/news-updates/

·
Premium Member
22,972 Posts
I also had decided the RACh was just too hard to get to since it would have taken probably about $3K in entry fees to get there even if you were getting maximum points every time out. Since Lily is now pretty consistent for Qing in Masters and the number of points that come from masters is lower along with points available in Advanced B (where she almost always gets 97s or better) we could realistically get there. Under the current rules we have no points, but under the new rules we will retroactively pick up about 10 points I think (one or two from masters where our scores tend not to be very high and a decent number from her last RAE9 leg where she did get good scores). Getting triple Qs will be a lot of work, but should get a fair amount of points and will definitely earn 2 more RAE titles.

I have several friends who are close under the old points for the RACh and can only imagine that they wish those changes were going into effect immediately since they have more than enough points under the new rules.

Reactions: Click-N-Treat
1 - 4 of 4 Posts