Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a reason or a cure to prevent moose from wondering around the house? He wants to constantly go from room to room, even when no one is there.

This is in the morning, night, anytime during the day, after playing, etc, no matter what I can't get him to stay in one spot.

He goes from front window to back window and all over in between it's getting OLD chasing him. I feel bad putting him in his crate or tieing him up any advice?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is he really young or is this before his walk/exercise?

If neither..I think I would try giving him new toys in one area where you'd like him to hang out...or continually making fun activities happen in one spot. My boy likes to pace when he hasn't gone out yet!

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is he really young or is this before his walk/exercise?

If neither..I think I would try giving him new toys in one area where you'd like him to hang out...or continually making fun activities happen in one spot. My boy likes to pace when he hasn't gone out yet!
He's around 15 months, and this is after a long time of playing int eh back yard or in the morning. It doesn't seem to bother him what time it is or what it's before/after :(

We have gotten him tons of new toys and he gets bored of them quick. The only ones he likes to play with for long times are bad ones for him :rolleyes:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I wonder what he wants! Is there someone in the house that he loves and is looking for? Or a cat or something?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I call it checking. Tuesday will go from room to room checking the rooms. Its normally seen with "Guardian" breeds but dogs who are protective with their pack will "check"

Tuesday now knows to lay down after she "checks" or else she gets crated or has to go outside. ;) Never feel bad about crating your dog, its just another training tool (if used properly)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Maybe he is hearing new noises outside. Brody wanders at night. We call it "on patrol". During the day he is never far from my feet.

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He has gotten way more protective too, maybe that's it. He's on patrol. hehehe :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sam does it also, we just tell him to lay down and he does. If he gets back up and does it again then we put him in a down/stay. We have to be careful with that one because he will stay until we tell him he can get up. Kinda like putting a child in time out and forgetting to tell them they can get back up :) Oops!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wow, it's so funny how different they can be. Marley is usually never far from one of us. When he does go into a room by himself or uses the dog door we get excited... look, a show of independence!

Anyway, as long as Moose isn't chewing on stuff I'm not sure I see the problem. If he is, though, then I think the down stay is a good option.

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, it's so funny how different they can be. Marley is usually never far from one of us. When he does go into a room by himself or uses the dog door we get excited... look, a show of independence!

Anyway, as long as Moose isn't chewing on stuff I'm not sure I see the problem. If he is, though, then I think the down stay is a good option.
He doesn't really chew stuff... he eats anything he likes though :eek:

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Teddy paces - he paces when he has to got out because he doesn't know how to tell me - but he paces also when he doesn't know where to lay down. I know this sound crazy but if someone is sitting in the chair that he ususally sits in he paces around and around - I have to literally lay him down - which is easy by the way - he is just like a puppy all loose and relaxed when you lay him down - can't figure him out! lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts