Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maybe you remember I posted more then month ago that Monti had diarhea I couldn't stop. I was cooking white rice, organic chicken or organic ground beef for him, adding pumpkin pure and nothing got him better. Sometimes he had watery diarhea even few times thru the night, sometimes semisolid, but nothing normal. I went with him to two different vets, the first one was treating him for Giardia with antibiotics without doing stool exam !!! When he didn't get better I went to different one, Monti's stool exam was negative, vet sad it couldn't be cleared yet after antibiotics, so he probably didn't have it to begin with. He gave him Iams can food, even after I asked if that's better then cooked food??? Monti was throwing up all night.
Then I gave up and went to expensive holistic vet which is a hour and half away. But what's the money and time if your baby is sick !!! She spend with us 2 hours (honestly) she did all the blood tests, stool test, urine test and the result was Monti is Lyme disease and A.ph. positive. I'm not sure what is the second one, but she sad not to worry about that now, we will get him better step by step. She gave him homeopathic remedy for detoxing his body, new powder food, it's dehydrated raw chicken meat, vegetables fruit and herbs, grain-free, gluten-free, and he really likes it. Even on the box it says "It bridges the gap between raw" what I will feed later. Oh, the name is "The honest kitchen" if somebody wants to look it up.
So after just two meals and one time detox Monti had solid poop :dancing2:. The vet sad his problem was a food allergy, probably beef. When his digestion will be stabilized she will give him homeopathic remedy for the Lyme disease, she doesn't want to give him antibiotics now, since he doesn't show any symptoms yet, she want to help his body to deal with it on its own.
Please wish a good luck to us to beat these diseases, he is just too little to be sick :pray2:

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Well wishes for Monti. Your right, being sick is just not fair for the poor baby. It sounds like Monti has a great parent!! It also sounds like you found the problem, now it will hopefully get better soon.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Poor Monti! And poor you. It's never fun when our furry family members are sick. :( I'm glad you have figured out the cause though, and are already seeing improvement. Fingers crossed for you that he will be back to normal in no time!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Poor little Monti!!! I am so glad you finally found a great vet. I swear, good vets are worth their weight in gold. It sounds like he is on the mend, thank goodness.

My father-in-law feeds his standard poodle 70% raw and 30% Honest Kitchen (Force) and Molly does really well on it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The Honest Kitchen

Evik -- Glad your baby Monti is getting better and you found a Vet that knows whet they are doing.

Here is the link to the honest kitchen

Thank you for telling us about it. I'm going to list it on the Gluten free poodle food thread I started.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Oh - I am so happy to hear that Evik :elefant:

That Vet is phenomenal !!!!! Can she examine me too LMAO ???? I wish there are doctors like that around LOL

Best of luck with everything and may he stay healthy forever now :rainbow::rose:

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you so much guys for well wishes :grouphug:. I feel better now since I know the vet really cares to find out what made him sick (diarrhea) and most importantly he is getting better. I'm just hoping the other diseases will get cleared soon too :fingers-crossed:.

wishpoo - you are so funny :pound:, but I think I will ask the vet for recommendation of holistic Dr. for me :)

PaddleAddict - I was thinking to do the same thing, raw and some Honest Kitchen (Force) it sounds really good.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I'm sorry your baby is sick. Please know you are in a lot of our thoughts! Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Also kudos on finding a great vet. A good one is very difficult to come by!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Poor Monti! Thanks for telling us about The Honest Kitchen - I think I might try the Prowl cat food (for my cat, not Teddy LOL).

I hope Monti gets better soon! :hug:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I am sorry that Monti is sick, but glad that you finally found a competent vet who has gotten to the root of his problem. I wish him a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
225 Posts
So sorry for everything that Monti and you had to go through. Happy to hear that things are getting better!
Hugs to the both of you.:hug:

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Sending best wishes and hugs to you and Monti! Glad you found a vet that actually is trying to help you both out. Hope to hear even better news as time goes on!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you, thank you, thank you to everybody. So far the diarrhea is gone !!! After five long weeks. I would never say I will be sooooooo happy to see him pushing a poop :rolffleyes:

Question: Would anybody know what is the A.ph. disease he is positive for? Is it serious? The vet didn't say anything yet, she is waiting when Monti's digestion will stabilize.

Marian - you will love, ha, ha your cat will love the Honest Kitchen food. When I add warm water to the powder it smells like homemade chicken soup :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Sorry Evik, buddy - I do not know what A.ph is :rolffleyes: It can be abbreviation for couple of things and do not Google it before you ask her since you will worry without reason !!!!

Give her a quick call : ))) !!!! That way you can rest your mind :clover:

Maybe she was just measuring the acidity of his poop or something :rolffleyes:

Let us know :) !!!!

I can only imagine how happy you are now that he has not digestive problems- what a relief !!! : ))))

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Yea!!! I'm so glad you found out what it was. Poor little guy. I'm going to look for a holistic vet. At least they won't freak out that I am feeding raw and instantly assume she is choking on a bone.

Do you have any idea what caused the lyme disease? Was it a tick? I would so love to know if she has a holistic remedy to fight ticks and mosquitos.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts