Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't believe it. My friend is going to show hers Belgian Shepherd she breeds for many years and she just called me, they have a 3-6 months puppy class and she registered Monti. Isn't she crazy :bird:? At first I wasn't really trilled but now I think what a heck, what can happen. Monti loves people so he will jump and jump on the judge and lick him all over and then we will go home :smile-big:

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He won 1.place

Monti had really good day :), me that's a different story. Basically I didn't know what to do, since it was a surprise from my "friend" :fish:, but thanks God the judge didn't judge me but Monti.

He won Best in breed; First place and Group 1 :first:

After the show the judge smiled and sad that Monti is a great dog, to continue showing, but she would suggest for me to take a handling class. I was embarrassed and wanted to strangle the friend, but after all I was happy for Monti.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
What great news...Congrats!!!

Was this an AKC show and did you show in conformation? I could of sworn the ribbon on his crate says AKC right?

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
WOW! I'm so happy for both of you!! What a wonderful surprise. Don't be embarrassed. It could be a lot worse. You could have handled great and he could have not earned any ribbons. I hope you will continue to show him.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Yay!!! Congrats to you both. Sounds like it was fun even if you didnt know what to do lol. :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Oh my Evik - that is just MORE than FANTASTIC :target: !!!! What a wonderful surprise and what a way to make a debut :first:

I wish I could have been there and watch the two of you - next time make a video clip :lock1:. I am sure you will master that "handling" part in no time : )

Sooooo happy for the both of you : ))))))))) !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
YAY!!!! I bet Monti was wonderful and showed like a million bucks. Here's hoping that you stick with it. Are you taking care of coat?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Monti had really good day :), me that's a different story. Basically I didn't know what to do, since it was a surprise from my "friend" :fish:, but thanks God the judge didn't judge me but Monti.

He won Best in breed; First place and Group 1 :first:

After the show the judge smiled and sad that Monti is a great dog, to continue showing, but she would suggest for me to take a handling class. I was embarrassed and wanted to strangle the friend, but after all I was happy for Monti.
This is what puppy fun matches are for to have fun and to learn good job !

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you guys :grouphug:

Oh my Evik - that is just MORE than FANTASTIC !!!! What a wonderful surprise and what a way to make a debut

I wish I could have been there and watch the two of you - next time make a video clip . I am sure you will master that "handling" part in no time : )

Sooooo happy for the both of you : ))))))))) !!!!!!!!!!

Wishpoo, I wish you could be there, you would help me with the handling crash course :help: and also with other things.....
When the judge handed me the ribbons I was so excited I hugged her (I'm a huggy person) she smiled and sad "By the way, you're not suppose to hug the judge" :pound:

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What great news...Congrats!!!

Was this an AKC show and did you show in conformation? I could of sworn the ribbon on his crate says AKC right?

It was AKC show, but all breeds show, not just poodle show and he was in 3-6 months puppy class.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
YAY!!!! I bet Monti was wonderful and showed like a million bucks. Here's hoping that you stick with it. Are you taking care of coat?

YAP, million bucks like Charlie :wink:, thank you. He is really great, we have him just few weeks, but he broth already so much joy. Such a great personality, he loves to show off to everybody. We still didn't find anything he would be afraid off. My daughter has huge Cane Corso Mastiff and Monti loves to play with him. But he has to lay down to be in Monti's level :hahaha:

Well about the coat, unfortunately I don't know much about the good care. I have good products and good equipment but no experience and guidance. But recently I found about one groomer Jodi (she is National Certified Master Groomer) and she lives 10 min from my house. I already contacted her and she is willing to help me. She has poodles of her own :fingers-crossed:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
[/QUOTE]

When the judge handed me the ribbons I was so excited I hugged her (I'm a huggy person) she smiled and sad "By the way, you're not suppose to hug the judge" [/QUOTE]

Ahahahaaaaa, THAT IS JUST SOOO CUTE EVIK :party: I think you made her day anyway !!!! Who does not love a nice hug !!!??? : )))

Oh my, the two of you had so much fun :dancing: : ))) - that is just fantastic !!! And how fortunate that you found a good groomer so close to you :elefant:-all is falling so nicely in place : ))) - I think Monti will get that Ch title before you even have a chance to go to "handling" classes LOL

I bet it feels like all is a beautiful dream :marchmellow:

Sending you both a ton of ciber-hugs XOXOOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
YAP, million bucks like Charlie :wink:, thank you. He is really great, we have him just few weeks, but he broth already so much joy. Such a great personality, he loves to show off to everybody. We still didn't find anything he would be afraid off. My daughter has huge Cane Corso Mastiff and Monti loves to play with him. But he has to lay down to be in Monti's level :hahaha:

Well about the coat, unfortunately I don't know much about the good care. I have good products and good equipment but no experience and guidance. But recently I found about one groomer Jodi (she is National Certified Master Groomer) and she lives 10 min from my house. I already contacted her and she is willing to help me. She has poodles of her own :fingers-crossed:
I'm really glad that you like Monti. I hope that you have a lot of fun showing him!

A word about show grooming. Poodle show grooming is soooooo specific. Even if someone is a master groomer, she might not know the little ins, outs, and tricks of grooming for the show ring.

I would talk to a professional handler and see if he/she could give you help. I looked in my Poodle Variety and saw that this person is listed as being in NJ:

Setsuko (Koko) Kaneko
Lakewood, NJ 732.901.2257

I don't know anything about her other than she shows Minis. Alternatively, you could call your local Poodle club and see if someone could help you.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
WOW, Evik, what a wonderful surprise all the way around! Surprise going to the show, surprise on a great win!!! Keep it up. You'll probably have a CH before you know it!

BTW, how many points did he make?

Congrats!! :rockon:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts