Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summer in NJ is reaaaaaaaaaaally bad so Monti got summer cut.

He looks all grown up.

Now people can easily see he is a boy

And front view

·
Registered
288 Posts
Fabulous! He looks great. I just put my girls in a Miami. My favorite clip because it's soooo easy to take care of, yet there's lots of flash and fluff!

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
EVIK, Monti is a knock-out!! I feel your pain (ugh! the heat and humidity! we live in NJ, too) and share your pleasure (your poodle looks awesome). What sensational photos!! I think I'll send Chagall to you to do his portfolio (lol). You really have a spectacular looking mini there and it's clear you treasure him. I thought of putting Chagall in a Miami cut when he was groomed last week but wimped out and kept the modified puppy cut. Now I'm sorry!! I also share your laugh about how it's obvious our boys are boys when they're freshly groomed. Alas, some people still think Chagall is a girl! Don't know if you groom Monti yourself (if you do, I bow to you!!) and if not, whether you'd care to share the name of your groomer? Keep having a (hot) blast with your boy!!

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
Monti & Chagall are so very handsome!!!

Alas, some people still think Chagall is a girl!
The same thing happens to us! Jasper is in a miami and it is easy to see that he is a boy. My teen daughter was opposed to the miami because she said everyone would think he was a girl - and she was right :wacko: Our Michigan weather has been brutal and Jasper has a ton of hair. I thought the miami still gives him style while trying to stay cool(er).

Attachments

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Jasper is DEFINITELY one regal looking fellow! I'd know he was a boy just from his "poodle-tude " (as in attitude!). I want Chagall's head and ears cut like Jasper's. This last grooming I had Chagall's long topknot (we used to call him "Don King," remember the wild-haired boxing promoter?) cut down and told the groomer to blend in the ears, not cut them out. Now I don't know whether I'm so thrilled with that look. What instructions do you give your groomer for his head (or perhaps you do the grooming yourself? If so, I'm going to have to quit this forum because I can hardly sew a hem let alone groom my poodle!).

I laughed at your daughter's chagrin about people possibly thinking Jasper's a girl were you to do the Miami cut. When my youngest granddaughter was a toddler, she still had very little hair (thank heavens she has a long, blond mane of it now) and people would often call her a "him." One day when she and her older brother and I were out together, a woman, meaning to be kind, said, "Oh! He's such a cute little boy!", to which my grandson loudly replied, "She can't be a boy! She's my sister!!"

·
Registered
754 Posts
My groomer calls it a "cascade" or "puppy head". I had no idea if it even had a name, so I made sure to take in pics of other spoos with the style of tk that I wanted so we were on the same page. I just love it blended into the ears! Feel free to borrow pics of Jazz - I love to show him off!

I have a fantastic groomer so I cannot take credit for her talent. I will do FFT in between appointments - for now. I would love to do it all on my own someday. Jasper is such a gentleman for being patient and still while grooming. Lilah, on the other hand, is still a wiggle worm and impatient. She is really good for her brushing sessions though :)

When we adopted Jasper in May, this is how he looked before:( and after :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
My groomer calls it a "cascade" or "puppy head". I had no idea if it even had a name, so I made sure to take in pics of other spoos with the style of tk that I wanted so we were on the same page. I just love it blended into the ears! Feel free to borrow pics of Jazz - I love to show him off!
Thank you for giving me the "words" to describe how I want Chagall's tk cut!! (And permission to show my groomer his photo, I was kinda thinking of doing that ever before you suggested it!), You've done a masterful job of beautifying Jasper and get credit for finding a skillful groomer. I spared Chagall shaving his face this past grooming because he had nasty razor burn after his previous two and scratched himself bloody. I was slathering on the Cortaid-plus for days after and felt awful for him. Now that it's swimming season I don't want to take any chances with the added bacteria burden by leaving him with open sores so he'll have a "fuzzy" face until fall. I miss seeing his clean-shaven face, though, it makes him look so extra sharp.

Loved seeing the before and after photos. Off now to the beauty salon for my own haircut and color. And I won't dare post a "before" of that!! lo!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Thank you for giving me the "words" to describe how I want Chagall's tk cut!! (And permission to show my groomer his photo, I was kinda thinking of doing that ever before you suggested it!), You've done a masterful job of beautifying Jasper and get credit for finding a skillful groomer. I spared Chagall shaving his face this past grooming because he had nasty razor burn after his previous two and scratched himself bloody. I was slathering on the Cortaid-plus for days after and felt awful for him. Now that it's swimming season I don't want to take any chances with the added bacteria burden by leaving him with open sores so he'll have a "fuzzy" face until fall. I miss seeing his clean-shaven face, though, it makes him look so extra sharp.

Loved seeing the before and after photos. Off now to the beauty salon for my own haircut and color. And I won't dare post a "before" of that!! lo!
You are very welcome!!! I am indeed fortunate to have found my groomer. She specializes in poos and is so very gentle. I had been going to another groomer for 6 years but her business became so busy that I felt as if she was cutting corners to save time. Lilah's last trip for a miami cut turned into a total shave down because she got confused about who wanted what :scared:. I was so disappointed that Lilah was naked. That was the last of her puppy coat too :(

Poor Chagall with razor burn - that is awful. I'm sure he appreciates you making him as comfortable as possible. He is precious either way I'm sure!

I often joke that my spoos get their hair done more than I, lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
He is gorgeous,and certainly manly in his Miami cut.

We have that cut now, too,and it's so much easier and cooler for her, since it's hotter than the surface of the sun in NC.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
We love having Beau in a Miami - and I think he likes it, too. He wore a lamb just like Jasper's for three months; the Miamai is much easier to take care of, and it's just so fun to watch those poms bounce along when he's out for a walk.

As for people assuming he's a girl, well, so what? Beau certainly doesn't care, and the same folks would probably say "she" no matter clip he was in.

(Lacey was my inspiration. I showed her picture to the groomer and said, "Just like this, please!")

Attachments

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you to all for nice commands :).
I like the cut a lot and Monti is in heaven because he can run again, longer and faster. He is really like energizer bunny :rolffleyes:. My husband was afraid how "his boy" gonna look, but I found now perfect groomer I trust and I think she did a good job. We're going on vacation to the beach (our first with Monti) so it will be easy care, more fun for him. It is amazing how our life changed now. It's all about Monti now. I don't think we were like that for our children :rolffleyes:, ha, ha, ha.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Monti looks awesome. Teddy's going in next Thursday, but I think he'll be getting his usual puppy/teddy bear summer clip. I can't wait to get him clipped so people will stop commenting on how chubby he is. IT'S HAIR, PEOPLE! :D

All of us NJ folks should try to plan a play date for sometime this summer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts