Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
It's like Santa Spoo and his little elf!!! :)

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Very cute! Is the lil papilon yours?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, that's Monroe's new lil' baby brother. He's an oversized Papillion, four months old. We've had him for a couple of weeks and darned if I just can't figure out his name! Any help would be appreciated.
He's got a great temperment, he stays on the grooming table all day with Monroe while I'm grooming dogs, but he loves to play and run around and be silly too. He's very sweet and cuddly at night, pretty independent during the day. Very smart. Quite a bit more of a handful as a pup than Monroe was, but he makes me laugh and it's great to see Monroe playing with him. I feel like he was suffering from single-dog syndrome. I wasn't really planning on getting this pup, it just sort of happened when we were staying with our show groomer. I took him on trial, but he has quickly warmed his way into our hearts.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Yep, that's Monroe's new lil' baby brother. He's an oversized Papillion, four months old. We've had him for a couple of weeks and darned if I just can't figure out his name! Any help would be appreciated.
He's got a great temperment, he stays on the grooming table all day with Monroe while I'm grooming dogs, but he loves to play and run around and be silly too. He's very sweet and cuddly at night, pretty independent during the day. Very smart. Quite a bit more of a handful as a pup than Monroe was, but he makes me laugh and it's great to see Monroe playing with him. I feel like he was suffering from single-dog syndrome. I wasn't really planning on getting this pup, it just sort of happened when we were staying with our show groomer. I took him on trial, but he has quickly warmed his way into our hearts.
I think he would suit Maestro, the little wee master

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I totally missed this some how ! this is the cutest picture :)
I just love Monroe , he is so beautiful.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Oooooh, Maestro is super cute...and very fitting...do you think it sounds too much like Monroe though?
If you emphasized the Maestro it would be fine. It would be hard to tell though as our accents are different so we would both say it differently.
Try it out though, it's not going to severely traumatize the dog if you decide to change it's name later on, after all, it's just a command.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think Maestro is so cute, somehow I'll probably end up calling him mice...so far it's my favorite...
Yep, I tried Papi on, means poppa in espanol, not sure that fits our situation...it's cute but a bit like calling a dog "dog", although I must admit I've had a fun time calling them Papi and Poodie!
Thanks ya'll for the help, I appreciate it. It's made a bit harder for me as I'm a groomer and I don't want to replicate any clients' names!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Around here, 'Papi' is a term of endearment used for any male, regardless of age. As is 'Mami' for females.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts