Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh well, it will grow back. It took me so long to dry Max that I shaved him down short except for his legs. I went a little too short on the head! Good thing the hair grows fast! I haven't decided what to do with the legs so I left them long with a little bit of the bell bottom look!

I have to say that grooming on the new table was awesome. Max was so good and stood exactly where I wanted him to for brushing and clipping. The drying was another story. He still trembles and squirms and tries to escape.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Oh well, it will grow back. It took me so long to dry Max that I shaved him down short except for his legs. I went a little too short on the head! Good thing the hair grows fast! I haven't decided what to do with the legs so I left them long with a little bit of the bell bottom look!

I have to say that grooming on the new table was awesome. Max was so good and stood exactly where I wanted him to for brushing and clipping. The drying was another story. He still trembles and squirms and tries to escape.
he's just a big cutie!!!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Awwwwww :) He looks like he standing there saying "Whatcha think mom ?"

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He does. I thought he looked kinda cute until my son said he looked like a girl. Then Daddy agreed. I guess they are right. I pretty much obliterated a nice professional cut but at least he's clean and low maintenance now. I'm sure he's happier since he's allowed on the furniture occasionally when he's clean!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I don't think he looks like a girl! He's got too much substance to be considered girly. I didn't think I'd like a short topknot but it actually looks pretty good on him. It accentuates his gorgeous full ears. And like everyone else says - 2 to 4 weeks and he'll have plenty of hair to play with again.

·
Registered
912 Posts
He looks very plush, like a cuddly toy. I love that freshly bathed poodle feel. I know about flat topknots - the one and only time I have had a go at T's it ended up flat like a pancake, I thought I was being so careful to blend it into his neck hair but when I stood back and looked it was flat; but like everyone says it grew back and I was surprised at how quickly it did and now it needs trimming again :tongue:

T is waiting for my next lot of products to turn up which should be this week and then he's back in the tub for me to try them out. Can't wait!!

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
How do you keep him looking so good?

I let moose out and he comes back in with mud all over... he's a rough boy I guess??? Hmmm

Love the fluffy look and snuggly look but man would that be hard to keep up!!

How do you do it!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Max definitely gets messy, especially at the dog park. It's funny. When we had our other collie, he and Abbie were about the same age. Whenever we'd come home from work on a rainy day, he'd be a mess and Abbie would be clean and dry.

Boys!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts