Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sigh... it was last Friday. All day long I waited and waited for a special treat and the birthday song, but I didn’t get either. I even was driving mom crazy with all kinds of yips and woofs... all to jog her memory. Every time I yipped she’d say, “What? What do you want?” And while she asked me with fun and excitement in her voice she never got it right.

She kept throwing my Kong, or a ball. But when she’d have something yummy, she’d say, “Sorry bay bay you don’t get any of this.” Did I do something wrong?

But this morning mom saw that it is Lennie’s birthday, (Lennie has a good mom), and she said “oh no! I missed your birthday!”. And she apologized and gave me huge hugs and sang me the birthday song! So I guess that because I was turning 6 it’s ok that my dingy mom was a few days late. Don’t tell her i said it’s okay.

But I get a special treat later! She has some mini banana streusel muffins and I get the top of one. Mom says too much fat for a whole one. So I guess, after I get the muffin top, I’ll forgive Hera and return her kisses.

But all in all.... mom did forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,099 Posts
Good of you to forgive your Mom for missing your birthday. Sometimes Mom's get so busy with stuff that they forget and it makes you sad. Glad you finally got the birthday song and the muffin top.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: Belated birthday. Mini streusel banana muffin tops are the best and so are you

Reactions: jojogal001

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
If you don't have a proper birthday, the rule is that you get a birthweek - a whole week of special treats and fun things! We know, because our Mum sometimes forgets too!

Poppy and Sophy xxx

·
Registered
616 Posts
You know what? It's even better when they forget, 'cause then they feel guilty and you gets lots more stuff!

Happy Birthday from your pal Zephyr

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Birthday WEEK sounds good to me. Moms just gave me a small bite of ham cause she still feels guilty. Also she’s let me lay on her lap, and then play with me all day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
I'm sorry your Mom forgot your Birthday but it really sounds like she is trying really hard to make up for it.........push it for all it is worth Hahaha! Yeah, a 'B-Day- WEEK is a good idea! LOL!
Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Love,
MOLLY

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Happy After Your Birthday!!! Your mom loves you so much but she's only human. We humans can get caught up in so many unimportant things and forget the important things, like Birthdays!!! It's very poodle of you to forgive her :).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts