Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have any pictures of my puppy yet - I haven't got her yet anyway.

These are her Mom, the cream one - Champion Forever Sparkle Plenty Tyramara - and her Dad - Multiple Group Placing Champion Coulee Bodacious Brodi of Laud. Number 6 Mini in Canada for 2008. Her mother isn't a puppy any more but I like the puppy clip better than the Continental!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ain't gonna have a fancy hairdo. I was at the dog show on the weekend and I was surprised at how much I disliked the show coat on Poodles - I mean the shaved part!! Mind you, the Standards looked OK, I didn't object to their shaved faces so much! But then again there was a Portie and I thought it looked totally ridiculous!!!

I'm putting her in puppy obedience in September and beginners agility after that.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Should be a beautiful puppy!! Congrats.
Yes, what she said!

Also, my husband is somewhat "against" us getting a poodle because he doesn't like the way they look! Such a shame, I loved the mini poodle I had as a child. (In the picture.) My daughter has allergies, so we are between a havanese and mini poodle. We used to let my poodle's hair get long and curly. She looked really cute that way! Good luck to you!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That seems to be a common feeling. My grandaughter thinks they are "ugly". But I intend to have one with a curly coat and hair on its face. I have a feeling I will have to learn to scissor the face in between groomings, but I have cut my shih-tzus hair over their eyes so they can see and although its not a professional job - the dogs don't seem to care!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yea my boyfriends not a big fan of the poodle either, he doesnt like the way they look and by that I mean he doesnt like their body shape or bone structure. He says no more poodles after Prince, but I will own a spoo one day!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts