Poodle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone a Tug-a-Jug fan?

This toy gets rave reviews, but it’s SO LOUD. So when Peggy was still a puppy, we modified it by removing the rope. We then just add in kibbles, plus a few treats that are too big for the hole (a small ball works well, too), and let the poodle go nuts.

Dog Liquid Bottle Dog breed Carnivore

Hand Dog Vertebrate Leg Water dog

Dog Door mat Cabinetry Wood Floor

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Water dog Wood

Glasses Water dog Dog Dog breed Plant

Much quieter.

·
Super Moderator
11,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another one is Fluff & Tuff’s delightful Sadie Bear. Peggy split this one open with swift surgical precision. So I removed the squeaker and the stuffing, and I keep it full of partially chewed yak cheeses or other interesting bits, generally jamming them deep into each leg to increase the difficulty.

Dog White Vertebrate Window Black

The absence of stuffing inexplicably extinguishes Peggy’s urge to destroy. Instead she has to problem solve to get the treasures out.

·
Premium Member
10,272 Posts
I still can’t believe Peggy eviscerated Sadie. Buck killed so many Lamb Chops and giant hedgehogs in short order, Took a few years to murder Sadie. He likes big stuffies, not squeaky toys, soccer balls not smaller ones. His absolute favorite toy was called a “puppy lure flit pole” from Amazon. I would love to be able to modify that with a longer line, but don’t have the skills...

·
Super Moderator
11,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am loving Peggy's understated pompom style. Or are they called bracelets? Might show this to our groomer when I take Oona next week...
I still find it all a little confusing, but there’s some good discussion here: Bracelets vs. Puffs vs. Pompons

Here are some clear shots, immediately post-groom, for your groomer:

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Water dog Grass

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Snout

·
Super Moderator
11,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still can’t believe Peggy eviscerated Sadie. Buck killed so many Lamb Chops and giant hedgehogs in short order, Took a few years to murder Sadie. He likes big stuffies, not squeaky toys, soccer balls not smaller ones. His absolute favorite toy was called a “puppy lure flit pole” from Amazon. I would love to be able to modify that with a longer line, but don’t have the skills...
I couldn’t believe it either! Lobo Wolf lasted waaaay longer. But Sadie does make a very good stuffing-less toy. Her shorter fur is very durable.

·
Super Moderator
11,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She’s is so cute! 😍
That’s a great idea stuffing treats into destroyed toys
I wish Fluff & Tuff made a line of stuffing-free toys. Or at least squeaker-free, as I think that’s what eggs on power chewers like Peggy.

Their manufacturing process really is so much more resilient than you’d expect from a plush toy. With Sadie, the tail was off within minutes and then she tore open her back seam. But as soon as I removed the fluff, the destruction stopped. Even her ears are (so far) intact. She’s the perfect toy in her present state.

·
Registered
Elroy: Standard Poodle
2,015 Posts
Elroy will destroy paper bags (that I give him) and cardboard boxes (that I give him), but he hasn't destroyed any of his plush toys! And yes, he uses them very frequently. Pretty much anything with fabric involved, he doesn't pull, rip, or chew aggressively on. What a good boy!
This squirrel tree is THE ONLY plush toy that he has ever ripped apart. Now he gently nibbles at the ripped areas.

·
Registered
917 Posts
This morning I thought I was so smart. I had all the dog toys I washed over the weekend in a basket. Phoebe was so bored, so I dropped in a few high value treats among the toys. Voila! Huge snuffle basket.

then as I was upstairs working I started hearing this noise… pulled her up on the camera and she is chewing the basket. 🤦‍♀️ Oh well. At least she was entertained for 20 mins.
Dog Water dog Carnivore Mammal Dog breed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts