Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I dropped her off this morning. She was feeling very uneasy at the vet's office. Funny how dogs can anticipate these things without really knowing! Anyway, vet just called and said everything went smoothly, blood work is normal and she is waking up from her anesthesia now. We decided to spay her at 9.5 months (before her first heat), but not before now because we wanted to let her grow as much as possible.

I really hope that the onset of spay incontinence does not occur down the road. Is it common with standard poodles spayed after 6 months?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Poodles are very, very good at reading body language to figure out what is going on. Dogs evolved alongside humans for so long that they can seem to read our minds.

Mochi probably sensed your unease. We didn't experience any incontinence with our standard after her spaying. Hopefully you won't either.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellow poodle lovers!

Just an update. Mochi hated her cone collar and pretty much whined and whimpered for hours last night until she got it off. First I thought she was whining from the pain, but turns out, she just hated her cone.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I hope Mochi recovers quickly! :) I got Dana spayed at 7 months (a week and a half ago) and so far, no incontinence probs. It did take her a full 2 days to recover from the drugs though. They sure hit her hard! Speedy recovery for Mochi! Hugs and kisses! :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Inca, my toy poodle, was spayed on Thursday and the drugs also hit her vey hard - she didn't seem to be at home behind her eyes up till today. I've got her in a blow up collar, a lot more comfortable than the cones, especially on little dogs. My other poodle got bashed in the shoulder from hitting things with the cone. The one I'm using now is like a little swimming ring, with velcro at the back to adjust the fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts