Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i attempted to shape up his poms this time around and i think i left too much hair on....the bevel at the bottom looks good but i didnt do much in the rounding department lol. Anyways let me know what you think.

These are the befores:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
The body work looks really good. The bevels could come up a bit to show more foot. He looks great, good job!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
"ME like" LOL : ))) It is not "standard" way to do it, but IMO it gives him unique look and it suits him well : )) ! Reminds me is "Flash Dance" ;), and since I am an ex- dancer - I LOVE IT !!!!!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
haha, they look great!!! You did a good job for your first try!!! I would trim them up a bit higher on the bottom bevels to show off his feet, it'll also help to round them off a bit more! But otherwise, you did good! lol

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And the afters :)

Please pardon his discolored boy area (ha ha) and his eyes are tear stained a bit but they are on their way to being normal again. I think i fed him something weird and pumpkin also makes his eyes stain like that....weird i know.

Anyways enjoy :)

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha ha you guys are so nice but those are the Befores! I posted the Afters before this post :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It takes about 45 mins to bathe and blow dry then about an hour to groom....took longer today because i was trying something new.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The grooming of a standard poodle is a daunting task. I have tried, and find it difficult to get done in one day..We have to do Kozmo in stages....usually takes us 5 days to complete..I don't know how our groomer does it in 4 hours time...boggles the mind...
It is a gift , that I do not possess for sure...but am so happy others do..:)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow he looks awesome! Good job on the bevels.;)
Thank you Kpoos! But dont they need to be rounded out more? Do i need more length to achieve that or do i just need to scissor more?

Looks really good! What dryer do you use to get his hair so puffs so straight?
Thanks Kala!! I do it at work and we have Chris Christensen dryers...they arent as powerful as ones ive used in the past but they get the job done. I try to completely blow dry him because it i leave anything damp then it curls/ gets wavy, which i dont like.

Looking good!!! His ears ARE remarkable!!! And you have his toe nails such a great length!
Thanks Arreau!!! I love his ears too, i only trim the ends ever now and then. I think he would look like a puppy or a totally different dog if i cut then short. I love Spoos with long ears. And his toenails are done once a week, clipped and dremmeled. I still want them shorter. His back nails are the length i want the front ones...maybe someday. Oh and i did his f/f on monday so they grew out before i got around to doing his groom so thats why they are long again.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
oooo wow, looks great!!! A little tweaking in places at times cos they're not all matching, but they do look very good for your first go!!!! And yes, the 'round-ness' will come when they get longer! The only other way to round them out more is to make them not as far up the leg, which then looks weird! lol! Either that or turn them into eggs or ovals or something, but then they're not round! Let 'em grow out more and they'll look awesome!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank so much Flyingduster thats what i was thinking too. I need more length then i can round it out properly.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes it is!!! Ive been growing them out for a few months now....it is fristrating but i cant wait for the end result. Ill of course post pics :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts