Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this.. and thought it was quite funny. Apparently in Asian countries some people confuse poodles and lambs. It seems some people have even been sold lambs!

This is part of the article:

Yesterday it was mentioned in our local paper that many people in Japan are getting huckstered because they've never seen a lamb OR a poodle. Apparently poodles are the Hot Pet in Japan right now, and people are willing to pay upwards of $3000 to get one.

However, since most Japanese people haven't seen either poodles or lambs, some unhappy people have been sold "poodles" that turn out to be more prone to bleating instead of barking. One Japanese couple recently purchased their "poodle", and when they brought it in to get it's claws trimmed, they were informed that that part at the tip of the foot is called a HOOF. Needless to say, they weren't happy.

I know the picture doesn't match (Chinese/Japanese... come on people, get it right!) but this is the photo that was attached to the blog. LOL!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Lol I am sure its one of those "urban legends" like the people who went to Mexico and bought a "Chihuahua" puppy that turned out to be a rat. lol There is no way people in Asia do not know what a Poodle or a Sheep is. Maybe in some rural/extreme urban areas they have not seen one or the other in person but come on...really?

Now maybe if it looked like this....

:rofl:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts