Poodle Forum banner

Misha tries the German trim

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Mufar42 
#1 ·
I got brave last night and off went the ears! And then I had to match the tail. That I'm still getting used to! Just a first pass, and he needs the body trimmed in another week as well. So feel free to give pointers but I know it is nowhere near technically perfect. Just fun.
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Standard Poodle
Dog Vertebrate Canidae Standard Poodle Poodle
Dog Vertebrate Canidae Standard Poodle Dog breed

See less See more
#3 ·
Great job. Misha is gorgeous and the German trim in one of my favorites. It’s a really sporty look.

#11 ·
Thanks! The harness is from YupCollars and they have a store on etsy. Their stuff is wonderful, and I found it after looking for a leather harness with a single metal clasp for on/off rather than buckles. I had to adjust the sizing down a bit due to Misha's lack of forechest but I love it. For poodles I'd probably recommend giving them all custom measurements if you want one.

#12 ·
What great photos! Terrific Grooming job. Thanks for all of the views of German Ears. Once winter releases us from its icy grip I am going to ask my Groomer to do those ears. Right now it is -21 Celsius with about 4 feet of snow, so big puffy Poodle ears are a necessity for preventing frostbite. My friend knit a special hat with flaps after her Weimaraner came in with frostbitten ear flaps after only a few minutes outside. I'm not even sure what our windchill factor is today, after a short walk my cheeks were actually burning from the searing wind.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

#13 ·
What great photos! Terrific Grooming job. Thanks for all of the views of German Ears. Once winter releases us from its icy grip I am going to ask my Groomer to do those ears. Right now it is -21 Celsius with about 4 feet of snow, so big puffy Poodle ears are a necessity for preventing frostbite. My friend knit a special hat with flaps after her Weimaraner came in with frostbitten ear flaps after only a few minutes outside. I'm not even sure what our windchill factor is today, after a short walk my cheeks were actually burning from the searing wind.
Wow! That's crazy. I am again reminded why I love to live in south Florida! If Misha were white I might have to worry about sunburn though. I think I did the ears not quite traditionally, though I've seen them in a lot of different styles. I prefer a blended topknot, so I shaved them about halfway up from the tips with a 9 blade and then I blended them by going up from 1/8" to 1" at the top using a succession of combs. I saw ears like this on another dog that had a longer tk and they looked so good I wanted to try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.