Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that there are many more breeders in Canada that leave a natural tail. I am interested in a mini. What is the procedure to bring a pup back to the states?

Also, I was looking for my old thread, and someone gave me the name of a mini breeder from Canada. I'm not finding it right now :( . If you know of any, please share. I live in PA.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
no help on breeders sorry.

Shipping to US just needs to be 8 weeks nd have it's health clearances from wht i know- pretty stright forward

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
This is not helpful at all, but just wanted to say that I met a 10 year old mini the other day that was JET black, and his breeder is in Toronto...unfortunately the lady didn't say WHO the breeder was, and I didn't want to press her. He was just beautiful though, and made me want a mini!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Importing a puppy from Canada is pretty straightforward. One thing to be aware of is that theoretically, somebody can follow up to make sure that you gave rabies by 3 months, which is earlier than I would prefer to do it.

My first spoo's breeder Doris Grant (Dorian) also breeds minis--I believe she is still breeding. Her current contact info should be on the PCA breeder referral website. She may still be docking tails, as she shows in conformation, but may be able to help you.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi there,
My Buffy is an apricot mini from Duenna Poodles (located in Ontario), she leaves the tails undocked because she shares her dogs with a breeder in Holland, Fauntleroy Poodles who does the Scandinavian circuit. They have apricot/red and blacks minis & dwarves.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi there,
My Buffy is an apricot mini from Duenna Poodles (located in Ontario), she leaves the tails undocked because she shares her dogs with a breeder in Holland, Fauntleroy Poodles who does the Scandinavian circuit. They have apricot/red and blacks minis & dwarves.
Ah, yes--I was just on the PCC website and the name looked familiar. I "know" the Fauntleroy woman from another list and she seems very solid.

PCC maintains a whelping box list of breeders with available poodles. You might also want to check their general membership list.

BREEDER

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Yes, importing is fairly straight forward I believe. You need a vet health check and proof of sale. You will have to pay duty on the amount so factor that into crossing the border.

I can't recommend these people as I don't know them, but they keep natural tails and were one breeder I thought about contacting Welcome to Enchantment Poodles, Miniature Poodle breeder in Ontario, Canada

My breeder keeps natural tails, but doesn't currently have any breeding dogs in her home. She's a lovely person though so you could contact her and see if she knows anyone. Her website is quite out of date! Home - Amarula Poodles | Home of Premium Poodles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts