Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else watched the sci-fi series Dark on Netflix? There's an adorable miniature poodle named Gretchen who plays a key role in the series. She is very cute. It is an excellent series.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Oh, she’s so cute ! I haven’t seen the serie, I wish I could but I don’t subscribe to Netflix anymore.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Great series, and Gretchen is an adorable scene stealer. Do you think the name is from Faust?

·
Super Moderator
1,484 Posts
Great series, and Gretchen is an adorable scene stealer. Do you think the name is from Faust?
Interesting question! I hadn't made that connection.

The topic of poodles on TV is making me remember Elvira with the punk poodle Algonquin.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would make sense if it was, but it didn't occur to me because of my lack of familiarity with Faust. Something else to ponder for sure.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
It hadn't occurred to me before reading your post, Raindrops, and it sent me into google search mode. It's been years since I've seen or read Faust, but as it is a German series, the writers likely had it drilled into them, both Goethe's Faust and Wagner's Faust. Anyway, all I'll say is that as he's dying, Egon says to Claudia, "You are the white devil," and Gretchen is a white poodle, not black like Mephisto. We should have known who to trust all along.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts