Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went to mochi's breeder to stop by and say hello when low and behold, i fell in love with a 4 month old miniature poodle named miyako! he says she isn't really for sale to the general public because he was thinking of keeping her to himself, but said he'd be willing to sell it to us if we really wanted her!!

she's a blue miniature. super friendly and very sweet. he says she has a lovely long neck which is rare in his miniature litters. lovely square proportions, natural long tail. hmmm...i really wanted to take her home, but another puppy would just consume too much of our attention and time.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
You have a standard puppy and now you want a mini. I hv a mini and I am looking at toys :D Just like you, I know that I should just stick with one puppy at a time. I want to devote all my attention and time to Nickel. I rationally know that I should stick with my one-pet policy.

So MPS (multiple poodle syndrome) DOES exist, I guess~

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so there IS a name for my condition! maybe we should start a support group for this...ah, wait. i think it's called poodleforum.com;)

yea, i'd love to have another one, but with baby bump on the radar in the not too far off future, i think one puppy is as much as we can handle.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
If you have any doughts dont get the second spoo. One thing that I would always be sure of is that the first spoo is 100% trained. Then I would look at your lifestyle - its not easy having multiple dogs and traveling it is really expensive!

I have 2 spoos and 2 poms - they are a good deal of work at times.

I so want a white spoo - BUT, my dogs are all I can handle and then some at times:)

Good luck with whatever you chose!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
i have 4 dogs right now and 2 are under one year (eva is my bonus dog). it's been a very very busy time here.

that said, i wouldn't trade any of my dogs for anything! i love them all!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I would love to get a toy playmate for Ted, but I don't know how I would take two dogs to work on the bus. So until something changes and I start leaving him at home every day, I'll just have to have one dog. He has the cat to keep him occupied anyway--poor Mickey might be overwhelmed if I added another Teddy to the mix. LOL

·
Registered
59 Posts
Poodle envy is TOTALLY normal! Nothing wrong with that....and you're doing it the responsible way....thinking about how your LONG TERM plans match with the prospect of a new dog. You should be proud of yourself!

Just focus on Nickel for now...new puppy later :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not going to take Miyako home...just wanted to daydream a bit and share it with you guys:p Mochi would love to have a friend tho!

One day, i'll have a mini!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts