Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Hope everyone is doing well. I was wondering if anyone could help me with a few questions I have. I have been thinking about getting a dog for the last few years and think I am finally ready to commit and have decided on a miniature poodle! I grew up with dogs and my parents breed/trained and tested German Shorthaired Pointers so I am pretty comfortable with puppies and finding ethical breeders. I am currently living in NYC so figured a poodle would be a great first dog for me.

Does anyone have recommendations for breeders who are in/around NYC, Boston or Albany NY? I have been looking but only found a couple that are accessible to me.

And the few breeders I have spoken to have all told me their puppies cost $3000 which seems like a lot to me. Online most places were saying more around $1000-$1500 for a miniature poodle. Is $3000 reasonable for this breed in my area? I also am wondering if the demand for dogs with Covid-19 is increasing the prices as all pups seem to be sold and the breeders already have full waitlists until mid next year. Part of me wants to wait and see if any poodles are surrendered to shelters in the next few months after all the people who got them for Covid realize they can't handle them full time. But I do really want a puppy so I can expose it to a lot as my dream dog will be hiking and traveling with my frequently.

Any help anyone can provide is very much appreciated! Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
4,148 Posts
Hi and Welcome!

JIC you haven't seen this resource:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts