Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks - I have a question. I have a lovely 7-yr-old standard who is very mellow. I am considering getting a 2nd poodle and would like to downsize a bit, so am looking at minis. In my travels, I have met minis who are very hyper and barky, and mellow minis. I love the heads on some of the show minis I have seen (more closely resemble standards), and wonder about their temperament in general. Any thoughts? I am looking for a dog that will fit my lifestyle of: retired, daily exercise (inc. off-leash at beach & woods), travel, good w/dogs & kids. I was thinking perhaps I could get a young retired show dog (I grew up in the dog world so understand breeders etc). Thanks in advance for your valued opinions.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a mini and he is great. He rarely barks unless he is playing with me. He doesn't chase cars.He is a very mellow dog. He is so precious. And unbelievably smart. Learns new tricks and commands right away.

Debby

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :wave:

I own standards, so am not too familiar with mini's temperament and have seen both hyper and more mellow ones. I don't know where you live, but I would go on the poodle club of america website and get a breeder referral from them. Here's the link to that page:

http://www.poodleclubofamerica.org/breederref.htm

I am confident that you will get the right puppy for you from one of the responsible breeders that show and health test their dogs.

Best of luck and keep us posted. :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
I met a super mellow mini last week. Though his "mama" remarked how mellow he is and how most of her minis are quite the opposite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts